Friday, September 9, 2005

Morning walk Sept 9

What a beautiful morning in Sunshine!  64 degrees, wind calm, scattered clouds in an otherwise clear blue sky! What a joy to be alive!  Milo, my wonder dog, and I started our walk just after 7am.  Once more, we raised the flag at the school house to full staff, then half staff.  I did not realize how many of the neighbors watched the flag daily.  I received several calls last night as to why the flag was at half staff.  As I folded the flag last night I was thinking.....I need to teach wonder dog how to hold one end of the flag while I fold it.

Just past the old fire house, Milo stopped in the middle of the road and refused to move.  Just in front of me about 50 Black-Billed Magpies took flight.  I watched for something to move, always being vigilant of bears.  Nothing moved except me.  We continued to the fork in the road and paused for a doggie treat.  I looked east toward the horizon.  There were two hot air ballons high above Boulder.  This has to be one of the few places you can look down to see balloons in flight.  On the return trip, Bob had a treat for Milo.

We have a fun neighborhood.  Every friday, someplace, it always changes, someone hosts a Friday Afternoon Club (FAC). At least, that is what I call it.   Some just call it Friday Happy Hour. Last week it was at Steve and Lisa's house.  Tonight Madoka and David are hosting.  The whole neighborhood is invited and the turnout is usually very good.

I guess I should explain that Sunshine is a mountain community, about 16 square miles with around 230 houses.  We have multimillion dollar houses and old miner shacks. We sit high above the city of Boulder, Colorado.  Almost every night you can see the Milky Way.

Audie stayed out late last night.  The Sunshine Babes played bunko until around 10PM.  The theme was 60's - 70's hippies.  I would like to have seen that, but they won't let the men anywhere near.  Audie is feeling well this morning.

Did you ever wonder why, if you fly 1st class, your luggage is not unloaded 1st?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sunshine sounds like the most beautiful place.  I do enjoy looking at the stars on a clear night.  So the Sunshine babes play Bunko.  I have heard a lot about that game but have never played.   I think I will try to find out more about it.
                       ~~Katie