Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

I was standing at the front window of the store a couple of days ago conversing with a customer.  We both look up and commented on the beautiful sunset.  So I quickly ran to the back and grabbed my camera.

We have had some nasty weather.....short snow storms that lead to icy roads.  On the way home the other night there were 6 accidents.  The worst was a lady and her two daughters in a ditch in the canyon.  They got out safely and the car was not damaged to badly.  As I turned to drive down the road, I spotted a lone figure in my headlights.  I recognized our mayor, Chris, so I stopped.  He was out for his evening walk.  12 degrees, dark and snowy and he is taking his evening walk.  I thought that is why they made treadmills.  Chris and I chatted for just a moment.  As I started to drive off, he left me with this thought.  "Marriage is a wonderful institution, at least for those who like to be institutionalized".

The good Lord left us with a wonderful Christmas gift last evening.  For those who noticed, the planet Mars rose with the full moon.  It was quite a sight.  I snapped this picture.  It does not even come close to the beauty that was experienced nor is the detail there to see Mars.....I guess you had to be there.

Milo and I pass on our warmest Christmas greetings.

David

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post...thanks.
Happy Holidays!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

To Dear David and Milo ,have a wonerful and Blessed Christmas ...love Jan and Maurice ..xx   http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05'Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures indeed!  The sun is shining here today, so we'll have a beautiful sunset too.  Have a very merry Christmas....Linda in western Washington state

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, David, to you and all in Sunshine. All the best for the New Year

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas David and Milo and family:) looks like snow for the day

Deb

Anonymous said...

David,  Merry Christmas to you and your family. May God Bless you in 2008!

Be well
Ellen

Anonymous said...

We saw the moon and Mars... amazing...  the sunset is breathtaking!

We had a great holiday... hope you did too!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Thank you, David... both for the wishes and the sunset. Beautiful. Merry Christmas to you and yours. bea

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures as always! Hope your Christmas was wonderful.

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

David,
It brought a huge smile to my face and soul to stop in. You never let me down. Hope all is well. take care,
Dwana

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I'm just now getting by to say hi.  This was a very nice entry, and I hope you're having a good 2008 so far.
Lori

Anonymous said...

I hope your Christmas was wonderful and your new year has begun in a beautiful way~~
Rebecca