Thursday, February 8, 2007

Our Bass Player, Rob

After several days of mild weather, Milo and I took our walk on a noticeably colder morning.  I had to share some sad news with Milo.  The bands bass player, Rob, passed away on Monday.  He was a mild mannered man who always amazed me on his ability to play the bass guitar.  Rob never had a bad word to say about anybody.  His outlook was always positive.  When we played, he never missed a note.  He was the kind of musician you didn't know he was there.  His musical ability blended perfectly with the rest of the group.  The last gig we played together was on December 9th.  Rob's memorial service will be held on Monday in Boulder.  He is now walking hand in hand with the Lord.  He will be greatly missed.

The work has started on the re-building of the Firehouse.  For those who missed the story, our original fire house (station #1) burnt to the ground a year ago.  Fortunately, most of the equipment had been moved to the new fire house (station #2).  I will continue to log the progress on the completion of the re-build.

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Rob. He sounds like he was an awesome guy. My respects to his family and friends.


Good news about the fire house.....it'll be as good as new in no time!

Regards,

Stevie

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry about your friend Rob.... hope he enjoys playing in heaven too. I know you will miss him. Sandra

Anonymous said...

so sorry about Rob:( stay warm they next one they say is going to be big

Deb

Anonymous said...

Coming by to say G'morning.
Sorry to hear of Rob, my prayers for his family. {{ }}
TY for sharing the pics.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Hi David it's been forever since I've been here. I'm so sorry about Rob I'm sure he will be greatly missed. Has it already been a year since the fire house burned down? Time sure does fly
Anyway big hugs and hope you are keeping warm
~ Marina

Anonymous said...

So sorry may he rest in peace god bless Vicky

Anonymous said...

so sorry your friend rob passed.  i'm sure he will be greatly missed
the firehouse is coming along!!!
stay warm!
emily

Anonymous said...

David,
My sympathies on the passing of your friend, Rob, and all strength to his friends and family at this sad time.

Guido

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your loss of your friend, Rob.  Prayers for you in your grief...

The firehouse is starting to come along...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

2.8.2007, my eldest son, Ron drove up past the firehouse site. (This is a LONG way from home to go to work!) He noted it as he made his way to the top of the mountain to service some mining or pump equipment. I mentioned the firehouse's state of completion in pictures here and asked him how it compared to "real-time". He said it looked like the firehouse was in an advanced state of construction. I am now anxious to see pics of the latest form it's taken since the huge snow storms. I guess it's time for Milo and his person to take a walk in that direction again. ...and Milo: remember your camera! :-)
Evangeline

Anonymous said...

I did not hear you speak of Rob, years ago, but I know how sad it is to lose a friend like that and my thoughts go out to you and the others in the band. He will be missed in many ways and never forgotten.  Also, my deepest condolences to you, Jan, and her dad on the loss of your mother-in-law, her mother, and his wife. Was so sorry to hear it from John back in the summer. I really enjoyed her the time I met her and have some fond memories (through your eyes) from years ago when she was healthy and active. Prayers for her and all of you.

Anonymous said...

so sorry about Rob. How sad. Looks like the new firehouse is coming along nicely.

Anonymous said...

David, that is a shame about Rob.  Praying for the friends and family.  The firehouse is moving along considering all the weather Colorado has suffered this winter.  Chris

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend...you can bet he's still making beautiful music.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.  I am sure he is entertaining the angels now with his great talent.

Blessings!~

Susan