Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Warmer Days to Come

 

Sawtooth Mountain, west of Sunshine. Bring your fly rod!

Now that the weather is moderating and the wind isn't blowing as hard, Milo and I can return to our extended morning walks.  It won't be long until the bears awake from their long winters nap.  I'm sure they will be hungry.  The birds are making sure we know Spring is just around the corner.  They are filling the air with many tunes.  This morning Bob stopped the school bus and threw Milo and Malcom a treat.  The sun was just peaking over the horizon giving us a glorious sunrise.  As we passed the school house, I paused to salute the American flag.  Looking up I saw a jet leaving it's con-trail against the blue sky.  It was extremely high, flying from the west to the east.  I imagine a San Francisco to New York flight.

It was about 4 1/2 years ago that my life changed.  I was throwing horseshoes with one of the neighbors when I felt the pressure.  It was as if someone put their thumb in the middle of my chest and game me a gentle push.  I paused for a moment and then sat down.  The pressure went away.  It happened a few day later while watching TV with my son Nathan.  The next day I went to the hospital to have it checked out.  They were happy to see me!  When I was released following my "procedure"  I began to view each morning with new meaning.  I have always been one to look on the brighter side of life, but now each day brings greater joy.  I hope it continues.

The firehouse (station #1) is coming along nicely.  They are starting to work on the roofing and the siding.  I'll post another picture again soon.

Personal future plans include a trip to North Carolina in May to visit my close friend Chris and hopefully, a week later, tickets to see Celtic Woman at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado.

Be of good cheer, hug you family members and smile.

David

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning my friend!
Warming up here, spring has sprung! LOL
Glad you got your "procedure" done. :)
Have a nice week.
Sugar

My best to Milo {{ }}

Anonymous said...

I would gladly bring my flyrod to that beautiful bed of water!!! I'm glad the warmer days have come your direction. This weekend I felt my first full on blast of Spring and it was very welcomed and needed~~
Enjoy those walks and have a beautiful day
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I am just beginning to explore this blog world.  I clicked on People in my AOL and then Blogs and then noticed something about Colorado -- looked interesting and there is your blog!   Have never been out West and plan to drag my husband with me one of these days to explore.  I've been to Europe several times, but never the West.  After reading some of your entries, I am convinced we have to make the trip.  Thanks for your interesting entries!

Anonymous said...

We are all so lucky to be able to enjoy life everyday.  I didn't know you went through something like you did, but your positive outlook certainly shines through:)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/      Tracy

Anonymous said...

David,
I am all caught up with reading your fascinating journal. The history, the photos, getting to know you, your family, friends, dogs,  and the humor.. enjoyed every minute of it.

I am glad you got your chest pain taken care of and now you are taking better, healthier care of yourself and enjoying life deeper and more fully.

The firehouse has been quite a project and I look forward to seeing the finished product.

I am full of smiles today... best wishes always.
~~  Katie

Anonymous said...

Hi David, I missed reading your journal glad to see an entry :) best wishes Vicky :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're moving out of winter's icy grip up there, David. Even here in the isles, spring is peeking over the fence :-)

Anonymous said...

hang on cause you and i both no winter is not done yet:) i heard another storm heading our way. I hate snow lol. Please becareful no shoveling snow. I would love to have a house high up in the mountains
Always will be a mountain girl:)


Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi David:

What a pretty picture!  i would love some cooler weather right now as I am just not ready to break out my sunglasses and shorts haha!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

That plane was heading my way!!!
Enjoy your spring weather and get ready for those bears!
Be well,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Always good to see an entry from you, David..   I'm glad you will be able to get out and walk Milo soon!  I know how much you two enjoy those walks!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for spreading that joy, David.  I would do far better if I would view my days with more sunshine.  So nice that you and your Milo are getting out more.  LOL...I see Deb is talking more snow.  I'm sure Pittsburgh has another storm or two before spring actually arrives.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pictures David...Milo is one handsome chappie :)...nice to hear that you are walking out longer ...enjoy the rest of your week.  Millie :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, David,

Just checking back in to see if there is anymore news from Sunshine.  Weather here at the Delaware beach is close to 70 today.  Too warm for March.  I have been on blogspot.com for a few months.  I am amazed at how much time some people spend on blogging.  I read one from a woman who said she read 900 blogs in a few days... and she had a 2 year old child.  It is fun to read people's news and see their pictures from everywhere -- but, we need to remember that this is all OUT THERE for the world to see.  I guess that is why my postings are so boring!
Look forward to your next post.

http://violetladyathome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there David, yes, 4:40 AM. i think im getting used to it now. hmmm, yes after a few cups of coffee im good to go. the only reason why i have not been updating is that when i get home from work, i make dinner, shower, get clothes and lunch ready for the next day, and by the time i get done, its like 9 already, and then i go to bed.
well thank you for the sweet comment. take care...

ps. hows the weather there in colorado??
we are supposed to have snow tonight..an today the hight was 65!!


Diamond

Anonymous said...

Hi David,
I didn't know about your "procedure", but I understand how short life is and that we need to live each moment to it's fullest -- especially with our loved ones.   You are such a special friend -- more like my big brother.   So, take a hug from your little sis in Arizona -- maybe somedays we'll get together over homemade cookies and milk again.  Marilyn

Anonymous said...

beautiful picture
i'm glad it is starting to warm up there for you and milo it is always nice to welcome in the warmer weather after winter
ttyl
em

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're getting some beautiful weather.  Aren't you glad you went to the hospital 4-1/2 years ago?
Lori

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, what a gorgeous pic.  You are making me so homesick.  Can you be homesick for a place you only lived 3.5 years?  I wanna come bacccckkkkk! Glad you are doing better.  I want to meet you in person one day.  Sunshine sounds like a lovely place like Palmer Lake.  Got a house for rent?  ;-)

Hugs and prayers,

Susan