Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Spring Snow

 

Spring Snow April 2007

I thought I would stop in with a couple of reminders of some upcoming events in Sunshine.  This Thursday, April 26th will be a meeting of Team Sunshine.  Team Sunshine is a group organized to support the Sunshine Fire Protection District.  Some of the items on the Team Sunshine agenda are assisting the fire department on incidents (traffic, food and water, etc.), educating the community on fire mitigation, maintaining the fire house and equipment, organizing community block leaders and gathering information for a community directory.  The meeting will be held at 7PM at Abbey's house.  We just might join in on birthday wishes for Rey and our fire chief, Steve.

The annual Flap Jack Fling is on the calendar for Sunday, June the 3rd, 9AM to 11 AM.  There will be a community meeting beginning around 10AM.  I'm sure there will be a volleyball game after the breakfast.

May looks like a busy month for me.  I will be in Kansas City for a work conference on May 11th.  One of our Scouts will be honored with his Eagle Scout court of honor on May 12th, I'll be off for a short, personal vacation May 16th to May 22nd (North Carolina) and on May 23, my wife is taking me to see Celtic Woman at Red Rocks.

Later entry:  John and Eleanor will be hosting FAC (Friday Afternoon Club) this week.  Please BYOB and some food to share.

We are receiving a late spring snow storm today.  Ahhhh, spring time in the Rockies!

Be Safe!

David

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even the trees have personalities !!  Nice to read you again !  

Anonymous said...

You do have a busy month ahead!  Beautiful photo.  No snow for us here in the UK - sunshine and a little rain. :) Millie

Anonymous said...

Busy is good !!!
Be well my friend.
Ellen

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!! I HOPE WE DON'T GET THAT!!
LOVE YA,
LIZ IN VA.

Anonymous said...

More snow? Eeekkks. You do have one heck of a schedule headed your way, but it all looks like fun and interesting things to participate in. I hope you are doing well this beautiful Weds.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

WOW SNOW!!! It is supposed to be mid to high 90's here all week! I would love to come and visit Sunshine and get away from the heat! I am not ready for summer.

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing well and keeping busy!  I hope this will be the last of snow for you for a few months!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hello David.

Its nice to hear from you again in your journal. I wanted to come by and say hello so........HELLO !!!!!!!!

I sure wish I was there in Sunshine, Colorado. Please tell Rey and your fire chief Steve "Happy Birthday" for me. Tell them someone in Atlanta, Georgia wishes them a "Happy Birthday". That Flap Jack Fling sounds wonderful I hate to miss it but of course work is keeping me here. I sure wish I could be there if only for a day to share in your neck of the woods. Have fun for me. Let me know how the Fling goes I can't wait to hear about it.

Take care David.

Anonymous said...

what a pretty picture hope the meeting went well
emily

Anonymous said...

Hey! I want to thank you for droping by my journal! :o) Thank you. ;o) I love the picture and the face on the tree is too cute! :o) You sound like a very busy person...Whew! :o) Cngrats. on the Eagle Scout! Thats wonderful! :o)
Have a great day!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of the snow you are getting.  Love the pic.  Sounds like you are going to be really busy.

Have a great week!~

Susan
http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

Anonymous said...

LOL at the tree.  The snow does look pretty; just keep it there.  Flap jack time again right around the bend?  Where does time fly to?  Enjoy your travels, David.  :)  Chris