Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Happy Birthday AOL Journals

Milo and I started out on our morning walk a little early this morning.  We arose early to the smell of a skunk wafting through the open bedroom window.  That has never happened before. Whewwwwweeeeeee! 

We raised the flag and honored our troops.  We will have a new name on our list next month.  My wife's boss is in the Army reserve and has been called up for duty in Iraq.  She is a major.  As Milo and I made our turn at the fork, we had a pleasant surprise.  The school bus came around the corner.  Bob is making his "dry runs" before school starts on Thursday.  We chatted for a few minutes, talked about our summer and then proceeded with our journey.

I started my journal almost a year ago, on September 8, 2005.  My intention was three fold.  First, I love to write.  Second, I have a very close friend and neighbor, Chris......PhD, who teaches ancient philosophy.  He left the University of Colorado and took on a position at Oxford University in England.  The journal has made it easy for he and his family to keep up with their friends in Sunshine. Third, I wanted to keep a record of my MIL's fight with cancer.  We lost her smile on July 29th.

To celebrate AOL Journal's anniversary, I went shopping for something to wear at the ball.  I found the following at Jos. A Banks.

 

I hope the brunette in the Lime Green Prom Dress will save me a dance!

Some of my best stories were written early and have few, if any comments.  A few of them were:

The Dog Hole

A Walk in the Park

Mouse Story

Not Bothering a Sole

I have also tried to introduce some of the characters in our neighborhood, such as our unofficial mayor, Chris, in the story about the mountain lion.

I have met some wonderful people.  We have all smiled, laughed and cried together.

Happy Birthday,

David, Milo, Malcom and all of the neighbors in Sunshine, Colorado

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a little late David, where ya been? LOL
Nice entry!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Great suit..I wish I had one like that..lol!

Stevie
:-)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/stevietwain/ThelifeofSte/

Anonymous said...

happy birthday aol journals
i'm glad i have stumbled across yours.
:)
have a good day
emily

Anonymous said...

Loved the suit...and how handsome you are in it!  Thanks for the stories!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

ok the tux is nice but........hiking boots and jeans are better:) hope all is well after the memorial service. 1 more day of freedom then the rat race begins oh joy lol

Deb

Anonymous said...

Nice tux, David!  You will be the stud at the ball, I'm sure! :)

It's been great knowing you the last few months!  May we have many more to come!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Wow, great Tux, you are looking awesome! Save a dance for me too!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

phew phew (whistling) nice suit :) Vicky

Anonymous said...

Happy J-land to  you, I love reading about your family and Milo. How nice to see the school bus go by.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you, David; its an honor to read your blog

betty

Anonymous said...

I have always enjoyed your Journal! SO glad I can count you among my J-Land friends.

Kara

Anonymous said...

Hi David....lol...Jos A Banks goes well with Vera Wang.  I'll be back later today today to read the entries you posted.  Give Milo a hug for me..Chris

Anonymous said...

And, I am so glad I found you here...  this is a wonderful journal, a delight to read!

just back from vacation and catching up...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed this entry!  Especially the links to the previous entries which you included.
Lori

Anonymous said...

I sent myself an email with a link to this journal entry, so as I have time, I can come back and read these entries you have earmarked.  You KNOW I love your journal since a lot of it has to do with the beautiful state I wish to live in again.  I hope to be back by summer, but we will see......................that is probably just wishful thinking on my part, lol.  Fortunately for me though, my Hubby and daughter agree!  Woo Hoo!~

Blessings my friend!~

Susan