Wednesday, August 2, 2006

A visit from an Angel

As Milo and I were walking this morning, I asked him is he believed in Angels.  He gave me that "got any food in your pocket?" look and wagged his tail.  I told him that I did.  We were visited by one today.  Deb from Frosty Thoughts paid us a visit.  She had both hands full of food.  I'm going to stay on her good side.....she is in real tight with the Lord.  I noticed in her post today that she asked the question about it being proper to take food to a family that has just lost a loved one.  I guess I'm in a good position to answer that question, at least from my view point.  The answer is yes!  I will admit that the first couple of days after Audie passed, everybody stopped by with with something....a snack tray, a dinner, lots of pies and cakes (and they were delicious).  At that time, nobody wanted to think about fixing meals.  Not to mention that all the close relatives that came up for a visit.  If it wasn't for our friends and neighbors, we would have been very hungry.  After a couple of days, the food was gone but the family still has to deal with all of the involved issues. Deb was nice enough to ask if she could bring us a meal.  I checked with my lovely wife Janice, and we decided today would be good.  Janice and my SIL, Suzie have been gone all day making arrangements for the service.  Deb is a real Angel, a God send!  I can't thank her enough.

It was nice meeting, in person, one of my J-land family members (she was the 1st to pimp my journal).  Each and everyone of you are among a great group of people.  I am so happy I started this little venture.  All of your comments have been greatly appreciated.  I have shared them with most of the family.  We are planning a "Celebration of Audie's Life" on Sunday, August 13 at the Gold Hill Inn.  It will begin at noon and go until 3PM.

Once more, thanks Deb, you are one of God's Angels on earth.

I would ask for your continued prayers for My FIL, Harry.  On July 4th, someone broke into their house in Arizona and trashed the place.  They were probably looking for guns or money.  I'm sure they were disappointed.  Having to deal with the loss of his wife and this is almost too much.  He left today to repair the damage do to the house. 

Smiles,

David

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even realize Deb lived near you!
So nice of her to bring a meal, I answered her question in her comments today re taking food to others when something has interrupted their lives.
Blessings to all of you David, remembering you in my prayers.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I just came from Deb's journal and said the same thing about people that brought food for us when Barry was in the hospital....they were a GOD SEND !!!
You refered to her like that!!
Was this the first time you two met??
hugs
Ellen

Anonymous said...

How very nice of Debbie to fix a meal and bring it over to you all.  She truly is an angel.  We find them in the oddest of places, don't we?

So sorry about your FIL and him having to deal with more problems.  I swear, when it rains, it pours!  

You and your family are in my prayers David..   I'm glad you have so many good friends to take care of you all during this very sad time..

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

David; Deb is very special; so neat that she and you got to meet and that she could provide some comfort through a meal at a time like this. Audie sounded like a lovely woman; for some reason I thought she was older than she was and was surprised she was so young. I would imagine there will be a big crowd of being  celebrating her life come Aug. 13th.

betty

Anonymous said...

I am just glad we could help in this time of sorrow, i did enjoy meeting the dogs milo is a kick lol hope the meal was enjoyed and the flower brings a smile to a sad time

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh and i forgot I enjoyed meeting you David :)

Deb

Anonymous said...

How nice of deb and others to bring foods. I send you prayers and well wishes. Extra prayers for FIL how sad to lose your spouse and also deal with a break in sometimes life really isn't fair I'm sorry Vicky

Anonymous said...

You all are in my prayers friend.

Anonymous said...

i'll keep your fil in my prayers, along with the rest of you
i know you are all going through a rough time right now and i'm glad there are people close by that are being supportive and making sure you are all doing alright.
take care all
emily

Anonymous said...

I was glad you acknowledged my comment by e-mail, since I do not have a journal.  

It is great that people are bringing food.  We do that in Texas.  I think it is comforting and a very caring thing to do.  It is great to have so many people care.  

I am very interested in your stories regarding western Wyoming.  My son went to grad school at the University of Wyoming.  

I know this has been a hard time for your family.

Take care,

Jeane

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your FIL house, people just don't think about others feeling , I hope no one was home at the time.  I hope everything will come out ok for him. its sure is a hard time for him and everyone else....... god bless.........DIANE

Anonymous said...

Deb is a sweetheart!!! Sorry about your FIL house...I sure that was something that he didn't need right now!!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

That was so nice of Deb to bring you food. It's so funny about 30 min. ago I read her entry about bringing food and I said I thought it was a great idea. Which it is. She is an angel.  I read the obit and she was the same as my father who passed away on July 1. It is hard.  So sorry about your FIL's place being trashed. How awful.  I'll be praying for him.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Deb is very close to God, and an angel to me, too.  You are lucky to be in such a close proximity!  

Prayers still coming, will add some for Harry!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I hope tomorrow goes well for all of you:) you are in my thoughts and prayers:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

It is such a blessing when friends help out with meals and such. That is really the way it should be!  I am heartsick about your FIL's home!  That is so cruel!!!

Kara

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about your MIL.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  How wonderful that you got to meet a friend from JLand, and so very thoughtful of her to bring food for all of you.  We do that here in Texas too, I feel it is a wonderful custom.  That was awful about your poor FIL having his home broken in to, especially at such an already heartbreaking time.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Deb is certainly an angel.  I read in her journal that she brought you a meal and told her that was the most wonderful thing to do.  How awful that someone broke into your FIL's home.  Prayers are being sent.  Chris

Anonymous said...

David, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.  And yes Deb is an angel to do that for you.  I'm happy that you have a friend in her.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

David, I read about your loss in Debs journal.  I am sorry.  It is a hard thing to go through.  My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
                                                        MoodyMyke7@aol.com

Anonymous said...

You and yours have been in my thoughts alot lately.  I truly believe food can be made with love.  I love to cook...for friends and gatherings, even when those gatherings are not for a joyous reason.  If we lived closer you would have a basket filled with tasty snacks, and a few casseroles, but I have to send my writings instead. I know this is a tough time...angels are always around us.  So just know my heart is included with all my jibberish...lol take care, and hugs.
Dwana