Monday, July 23, 2007

Greetings from Sunshine

Wow, I can not believe how fast the summer is passing us by in Sunshine.  The Pot Luck dinner  on the 13th was a success.  We filled up the school house with many of our neighbors.  We even met some of the new neighbors that will be moving in next month.   It's always nice to see new faces.  The Homebrew Hoedown at the Spread Eagle Lodge went well.  All of the bands sounded great.  It was quite a mixture of music.  There was a wonderful jazz quartet, our band (geezer rock) and several blue grass groups.  Oh, oh... and the homebrew was very tasty.

Sunshine events this week include the Team Sunshine meeting, Thursday evening (7:30) at our house and the Sunshine Garden club, which will be meeting at Stephanie's house, Saturday, at 4:30.  A few of us are going to try to head up to Cheyenne for the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo.  If you have a hankering to see the old west, it's a great place for the whole family.  I was born and raised in Cheyenne, and I can tell you, it's quite an experience.

I was happy to see our mayor, Chris at the Homebrew Hoedown.  I usually see Chris 3 to 4 times during the week but his gray beard and smiling face has been missing for several weeks.  I knew he was home for all of his friends, (foxes, deer, birds, chipmunks and squirrels, not to mention a bear or two) have been hanging around his house.  Every now and then I would notice his front door open but did not see his friendly grin.  I pulled him aside and we chatted over a pint of honey mead.  Chris told me that he had not been feeling at all well.  He went to the doctor and has some tests done.  It was determined he had a food allergy.  I should have known better than to fall for this one.  I asked him what he was allergic to....his reply......wedding cake.  We had a good laugh over that one.

Remember, If you find yourself in a hole the first thing to do is stop diggin'.

Smiles, David

 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

all the events sound fun
wish i were closer
yep stop diggin is usually the best thing to get out of the hole ;)
lol
have a good day
em

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time and such a beautiful place to live.  Thank you for sharing these funfilled events!  

With Smiles,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time is had by all up there, David.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Great advice in the end there. I'll dig the hole far enough to bury the shovel then I won't be tempted to dig it any deeper (winks). (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful time at the pot luck dinner.

Anonymous said...

it sounds like a wonderful time David!  Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself.

Your friend, Kara

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time!  I have a brother-in-law who makes very, very good honey mead.  Of course, his is the only I've ever had, but I liked it!
Lori

Anonymous said...

summer is almost over:( enjoy your week

Deb

Anonymous said...

HELLO DAVID, BEAUTIFUL PICTURE. YOU LIVE IN A LOVELY PLACE. ITS BEEN SO DRY HERE IN VIRGINIA, EVERYTHING IS BURNT LOOKING, NOT GREEN AND PRETTY LIKE IN YOUR PICTURE THERE. YOUR COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF FUN. I LOVE BLUEGRASS MUSIC. WELL, LOVELY ENTRY, TALK TO YOU SOON.
GOD BLESS,
LIZ IN VIRGINIA
http://journals.aol.com/bethjunebug/Bethjunebug

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you David. Your activities sound wonderful, as usual.
Be well my friend,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Geezer Rock - Ha! I love it! . . . how much do you all charge for weddings? :]

Glad to see that everything is going well with you, and always your smiling!

Take care,
Amanda
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaWedding

Anonymous said...

Ok, I already knew you have beautiful landscapes, abundant wildlife, and clean fresh air-and now you say there's a Homebrew Hoedown?? I know I'm moving to Sunshine!  Sounds like a great place
betsy

Anonymous said...

David... I miss your entries!!!  

Thank you for all the Boy Scout info you have shared and the good wishes for my hubby!  He is doing great nowl, still on meds but eating normal!  Thank goodness!

The boys are doing great too, they will probably be promoted to Star Scout in December!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Glad all is well and happy in Sunshine!!  That Chris... he is a funny guy!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all are busy and happy out there....except for maybe your friend with the food allergy.  LOL.  That was a good one.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

:)  Love the last quote, David!  Summer is flying by but you sure have so much going on.  Have some of that homebrew for me.  Sounds delicious!  Chris