Tuesday, August 21, 2007

In New Jersey

Greetings from rainy New Jersey.  My 1st thought is that I hope my ol' note book holds up long enough to finish this post.  My 1st week has been very busy and exciting for this old cowboy from Wyoming.  Many years ago I was on a flight from Washington DC to Boston.  We flew over NewYork City and I could see the shadows of the tall buildings.  Now I can say I have seen them from ground level.  Our work has taken us through Jersey City.  Looking across the Hudson river was NYC.  Maybe I'll get a chance to cross the river and say I've been in NYC!

Our work has also taken us to the Meadowlands, home of Giants Stadium and MSNBC.  As we were taking measurements on the fiber optic cable in front of MSNBC, a security guard hustled out of the building and approached us.  He wanted to know what we were doing, who we were and how long we would be there.  We gave him our drivers licenses and explained the details. He took our licenses inside to photo copy.  Meanwhile, we completed our tasks and waited for the guard to return.  He returned after several minutes and gave us our drivers licenses.  Demanding to know how long we would be, we smiled, thanked him for doing his job, turned and left.

Be safe, give your loved ones a hug and a kiss.

Janice, give Milo a big hug for me.

Until next time,

Smiles,

David

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a culture shock, David lol

Anonymous said...

I know Milo must miss you. Hello from IL. I'm happy that you had a good first week and hope your notebook holds up.

Anonymous said...

That security guard can't help but be leery this day and age.  At least he didn't pat ya down...  ;o)  

Hope the rain lets up!

Chelle

Anonymous said...

Hope u get to NYC :) V

Anonymous said...

Sorry the rain has been lingering. I sure hope  you get a chance to visit the other side!
Be well, be safe
Ellen

Anonymous said...

hope you hurry and finish up and come back home

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hope you get the chance to visit NY ~ can imagine how you are missing Milo I bet he is missing you as well ~ Keep safe ~ Keep well ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going well for you, and I hope you do get to visit NYC.
Lori

Anonymous said...

David!!!  You are so CLOSE to me!!!  I would love to meet you for a coffee!  Email me... and we will exchange cell phones!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Hi David !!!!!!!

Its so nice to hear from you again. I wish I could have been with you to go to New Jersey with you. I sure hope you enjoy your trip. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the East Coast, David.  Too bad you aren't off on a fishing trip but I'm sure even though you're working, you will manage to take in some sights. I know Milo will be missing you.  :) Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh I bet the biggest tough part of this trip was being w/o Milo.  I cannot stand to be without my Tugie the Toy P.  

Just catching up with you tonight.  My schooling has finished until January so now I have time to catch up on everyone's lives and to try to have a life myself.  LOL.

Sonya