Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 4th Wedding

Four years ago my oldest son built a volleyball court as an Eagle Scout Project.  The area has evolved into a small community recreation area with the volleyball court, horseshoe pit, swing set, sand box and picnic tables.  The community of Sunshine has used it for games, picnics and a quiet area for meditation.

Yesterday (July 4th), around 2PM a bunch of cars started arriving and parking around the school house.  I figured a wedding or something because the school was all decked out with flowers and buckets of beverages on ice.  To my surprise, everybody parked at the school house but headed up the hill to the volley ball court.  Not being invited, and hating to be a party crasher, I avoided the crowd and went about my business. 

This morning, curiosity got the best of me, so Milo and I took our walk.  We raised the flag and then walked up to the volley ball court.  Much to my surprise, here is what I found.

I found out that a couple who used to rent one of the houses in Sunshine so loved the neighborhood that they wanted to get married here.  It must have been a fun wedding.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like it never happened. The chairs are in a perfect line.....
And why did they leave the chairs behind?
You should have crashed it !!!
Be Well,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I would have had to go and have a look ~ even though I wasn't invited :o)  curiosity would have got the better of me ~ (but maybe that is a woman thing:o) ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

what fun:) but i would hate to be the one to move the chairs lol

Deb

Anonymous said...

What a lovely scene to see while getting married.

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Married on a volleyball court!  Cool!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had quite a crowd... but people who kept things in order. Lovely setting for a wedding. Private, outdoors, with the sounds of nature all around them. bea

Anonymous said...

I don't usually add comments that have been emailed to me outside the journal but this one met a lot to me.  WE stay at Terry's house for the SCSSYYSR.
dlw

Janice-
i don't have Dave's email address, but I just wanted you to tell him,
the website looks awesome. Love the pictures he posted for the
SCSSYYSR - and the ones about the wedding on the volleyball court.

Take care,

Luv ya,
Terry