Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Activities in Sunshine and Milo's miffed!

 

Milo's a little miffed at me today.  My friend Hollie is off diving in the Caribbean for a week.  I am overjoyed because I get to take care of her horse, Chili while she is gone.  I get up at 5:30 and drive over to her corral.  I mix her feed, give her some lovin (after all, she is my girlfriend) and make sure she has plenty of hay.  I have to be careful not to bring Milo with me.  Chili is getting along in age and I don't want to spook her.  It is still dark when I tend to Chile and the head lamp I wear is bad enough.  Milo has to stay in the house when I leave or he will follow me the mile and a half to the corral. 

When I returned home this morning, Milo and I took our walk.  He was so happy, he was jumping up and down.  The sun was breaking over the horizon and it was beautiful.  The clouds are gathering for our next winter storm.  Sorry Debbie, but I think we are in for a good one.

There has been a lot going on in Sunshine this month.  Don and Marty sponsored their annual tree cutting party on the 5th.  We had a Friday Afternoon Club (FAC) last Friday.  Mary had her annual Christmas cookie exchange (must have been 40 women there) and, of course, we are planning the New Years Eve, progressive dinner.  Cocktails will begin the festivities at our house.  Dinner will be at Steve and Dee's (the band is going to play) and desserts and the New Year will be at Steve and Lisa's.

For those following the reconstruction of the old fire house, the footing have been poured. 

Milo and I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas friend! Tammy

Anonymous said...

Have missed your entries.  Now I see you have been busy.  Merry Christmas to you and yours.  Thanks yet again for honoring "my veterans" !  I certainly do appreciate it.  God Bless you !

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful Christmas too. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas to you and yours

Anonymous said...

And a very Merry Christmas back to you & Milo, from me & my Furry Girls.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

NO NO NO NO NO   SNOW lol i am afraid this is going to be a big one:( have a good week and lets see some more pictures ok?

Deb

Anonymous said...

Please send some snow this way !! I am wishing you a Very Merry Christmas !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sky, for sure, David.  Shame on you for "cheating" on Milo.  Merry Christmas to Milo and all of you from my good old buddy, Grizzly.  Hugs and smiles...Chris  (Eat a cookie for, ok.)

Anonymous said...

beautiful pic! I had a cookie swap too only 10 ladies here :) have a great weekend :) Vicky

Anonymous said...

beautiful picture!  merry late christmas to you and milo!
noelle