Monday, February 20, 2006

A few odds and ends

Congratulations to my friend and neighbor, Tony.  He will be taking his oath of citizenship this week and will become an official Citizen of the United States of America.  The entire community of Sunshine is proud to have Tony and his wife, Linda, as neighbors.  If I may steal a quote from one of his friends: " Since you haven't gone through the oath ceremony yet...here is one key hint for you:  Should the judge ask you "What flies over the courthouse?"...don't answer "pigeons". The answer they're looking for is the US flag." The official party will be held when the weather warms up a  bit.  In the mean time...  

Saturday Afternoon Club will be held at Steve and Dee's on Saturday, the 25th, beginning at 5:30PM.  The Appalachian-American Star Route Band (formally Sunshine Star Route Hillbillys, AKA the Blowtorch Hillbillys), will be playing.  They had to change their name to become politically correct.  Everybody knows that you can't do anything in Boulder without being politically correct!  It will be a great time to celebrate anything you wish to celebrate.  

Speaking of celebrating, I would like to address a comment that was left by an old friend in Milo's birthday post. 

 "Why do you drink? 

 Why do you roll smoke? 

Why must you live out these songs that your wrote?" 

 It just might be a Family Tradition.  And what is wrong with singing into a daffodil?  At the time, it sure looked like a microphone.  I just wish they wouldn't have kicked us out of that fine dining establishment in Columbia, Maryland.  Are You A Turtle? Thanks Greg!  

As a side note, we are not in Boulder.....We are 6.5 miles west of Boulder.  Keep smiling!  David  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO too funny, congrats to Tony

Deb

Anonymous said...

LOL... You bet your sweet a** I am.  Oh bother, I couldn't bring myself to put it up on public web site.  I owe you a drink!  I will pay up real soon!  By the way, mines longer!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Tony and Linda....somehow it seems that new citizens appreciate the freedom of the U.S. far more than many born here.  ROFL at being politically correct and, of course, the comments.  Chris

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic about your friend!!!  I tend to forgett that people don't always just sneak across the border like here in AZ haha. What an exciting time for your neighboor!  

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

lol...Happy entry..made me smile.  Congrats to your neighbor and friend.  Take care
Dwana
 

Anonymous said...

lol...Happy entry..made me smile.  Congrats to your neighbor and friend.  Take care
Dwana
 

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news about your friend . . .

Take Care,

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

David,

Thank you for your comments! I'm adding you to my RSS reader if you don't mind!

Charley

Anonymous said...

You look vaguely like John Havlicek.

Compliment, trust me...

Anonymous said...

I've been smoking for 20 years, and I still can't be trusted to roll my own.