Thursday, May 18, 2006

Morning walk

My morning walk started out with a drive this morning.  My lovely wife has always taken a long weekend to fly to Salt Lake City to visit her friend, Marcia.  It's a "girls weekend".  Sometimes they drive to Nevada for fun and games.  One trip, they went to see Celine in Los Vegas; one was a cruise to Mexico.  It's a get-away from the hubbies and kids.  It's a weekend to regain their sanity.  I highly encourage the trip.  The car logistics this morning, required me to drive her to the fork, where she picked up a ride to work.  This evening, I will actually drive somewhere....I will pick her up at work and take her to the airport.  It will be fun to drive again.  I work out of the home office and walk everywhere else.  This venture should be fun!!!  (If I can only remember which is the gas and which is the break.)

When I returned Milo and I took our morning walk.  We have moved from winter, directly into summer.  The high today is predicted to be around 80.  We raised the flag, remembered our friends and families, saluted and continued on.  Plato and Maui joined us. I did not have Milo on his lease today.  He bolted down Riley's driveway.  I called him.  He can up the driveway with Riley.  Riley has changed his posture.  He did not approach with his hair standing on end, tail between the legs and showing his teeth.   He came up with tail wagging....looking for a treat.  We finally have a friend.

Our neighbor, Kay waved as she drove by.  Kay is a school teacher.  Yesterday, she brought her 1st graders up to Sunshine for a visit.  They made a trip to the cemetery and the school house, before going to her house for lunch.  Kay lives in one of the haunted houses in Sunshine.

On our return trip, Milo and I ran into the mayor, Chris.  He stopped just long enough to tell us another story. "This man went into the bar and asked the bartender to line up six shots.  The bartender set them up and then said 'six shots!  Iseverything OK?'  The man replied 'I just found out my son is gay'.  The next day the same man went into the bar and said to the bartender 'Bartender, six shots, line em' up!'  the bartender did as asked and replied 'Six shots again today?'.  The man replied, 'Yea...I just found out my other son is gay'.  He downed the shots and left.  The next day the man returned and said 'Bartender, six shots, line em' up!'  The bartender lined em' up and then said.'My God, doesn't anybody in your family like women?'  The man then replied, "Yes, My wife does!"

Thank you to everyone who wished me Happy Birthday.

The band has another gig.  I'll post the flyer later.

Smiles, David

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so nice that your wife has a girl's weekend my hubby is good like that too and encourages me to have girls night but unfortunetly all my friends can't bear to leave there husbands for even one night ridiculous right? Anyway, that joke was hilarious thanks for the smile and if I didn't wish you a happy bday ( I would forget my head if it weren't attached) Then Happy Belated enjoy the weather and your drive Vicky

Anonymous said...

so nice to be back reading your  jounal.  I bet your wife is having a wonderful time!  I would love to do something like that.  Have a great day!

Kara

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon David!!

Oh gotta love the girls weekend . . . doesn't that mean you get unlimited visits to Home Depot during that time. :-D That has got to be exciting.

If I missed your birthday, which may be obvious because I just read that . . . Happy late Birthday from me to you.

Take care,

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

haha!  great joke!  And Happy belated birthday!  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday wishes.  Good joke. I would love to hear about the "haunted " house...do tell!!
Eve

Anonymous said...

Great entry David!!! I always love to read your journal!!! It is always very entertaining!!!!! Have a good time this weekend!!! hehe!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

LMAO too funny

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi David !!!!!!! I wanted to come by and wish you a belated " Happy Birthday "

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your wife has a wonderful time. 1st graders are pretty great. Haunted house huh ??????? Is there a ghost in Sunshine ????? Byyyye David take care. By the way have you seen the ghost ????

Anonymous said...

sorry I missed your birthday, hope it was great. Sounds fun that your wife goes away. I want to go. Have a great day and cute joke. lol

Anonymous said...

Did I miss your birthday ? If so , HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!
I want to hear more about the haunted house, how cool.

Take Care
Ellen

Anonymous said...

yikes i'm late :(
happy belated
man i need a womens day, lol!
GAS RIGHT
BREAK LEFT ;)
lol
i dont remember if i ever told you about the man from tonys battalion that was killed?  his name is Lcpl Simmons i didnt know him personally but a friend of tony's and mine he knew him.  I wish i had a flag pole I would be raising the flag in honor as well. but you do so i will keep passing you names ok? ;)
ttyl
emily
(ps i liked that story the mayor told you ,lol)

Anonymous said...

ROFL...loved the joke, David.  Have fun during your "bachelor" weekend.  I think that is so nice that Janice goes for a girl's weekend.  Deb did tell me it was 80 there....send some heat and sun this way.  Chris

Anonymous said...

I hope your wife has a wonderful time. Cute joke!!
~Penny

Anonymous said...

Lucky wife you have! A girls weekend sounds wonderful. ;)
Great you made friends with Riley!
LOL on the joke ! ;D
Happy belated BD, don't know if I wished you one or not. If I missed that entry, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!
Hugs, Sugar