Sunday, June 4, 2006

Fire Department announcement

 

Hand painted American Indian masks at The Twisted Pine in Estes Park, CO

First things first!  Milo and I took our morning walk today.  Yes, I often raise the flag on Sundays too.  Of course, I raise it at 8AM instead of 7AM, like I do during the work week.  Sunday is the Lords day and he lets me sleep in an extra hour.  When we passed the Sunshine School House, I noticed a sign on the door.  It states:

The regular meeting of the Board of Directors for the SFPD (Sunshine Fire Protection District) is going to be moved ahead one week.  Instead of being held on Tuesday, June 11th, it will be held on Tuesday June, 6, 2006 at 7:30 PM (19:30hrs) at fire station number 2.

Milo and I continued to the fork.  We stopped to say "Hi" to Nancy and gave her dog, "Scooter" a doggie treat.  This morning we actually went out on the pavement and purchased a Sunday newspaper from the news paper box.  On our return trip I heard my son, Michael, holler my name.  He was approaching us with a volleyball in his hand.  Of course we had to go up to the volleyball court and practice hitting the ball over the net.  When we returned home, Mike fixed me breakfast. What a treat!

Before I continue I must add that my BIL and his lovely wife have returned from Hawaii.  They have found employment and a very nice place to live.  I expect they will be packed and ready to return in the next three weeks.  They will be shipping their cars over.  Suzi just purchased a new (slightly used) car for the move.  Now if you have ever been there, you will understand the meaning of this purchase.  She bought a 2005 Ford Mustang convertible.

 

What did that have to do with my Sunday?  After breakfast Dennis and Suzi called and asked Jan and I if we would like to go for a drive.  Well..........DUH!   We sprayed on the SPF6000 and hopped into the back of the Mustang convertible and headed higher into the mountains. It was a beautiful clear day.  We headed west through a canyon until we came to Ward, Colorado and the Peak to Peak highway.  From there we drove north to Estes Park, Colorado.  The girls were sitting in the back seat with their hair blowing in the wind.  As I peered into the rear view mirror, I noticed they were waving, parade style, like a pair of high school prom queens to every convertible that was going in the opposite direction.   I have lived among the foothills of the Rockies most of my life.  I am still amazed how beautiful the mountains are, up close and personal.  We drove through town (Estes Park), picked up a couple of items that we were shopping for and stopped at one of Dennis and Susie's favorite stores.  We didn't buy any thing but is sure was fun to look through.  The return trip on US 36 was fun, although not as exciting.

When we arrived home, we noticed MIL and FIL's car in the parking lot.  They just returned from an extended trip to Nebraska and on to Georgia.  It's good to have them home.  I would like to thank you again for your continued prayers for my MIL, Audie.

Smiles,  David

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad the in laws made it back safe:)  prayers for mil and fil:) yes there is nothing like the mountains sigh nothing !!! have a good week! 4 more days:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Love the American Indian masks! Beautiful!!!
Nice to hear the in laws all made safe trips. Continued prayers for MIL.
Have a great week!
Sugar
(have Milo check out my pet journal sometime LOL, link is on my sidebar)

Anonymous said...

What a great day you had!  Enjoyed the stories and the pics.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

SPF6000!!!!!!!!! LOL.......... that is too funny David!!! Beautiful car!!! How about stealing it for a day or 2 and come pick me up and we'll cruise around the states a bit!!!! Haha!!!! I bet it was a beautiful drive!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

OMG David, I WANT that car.....dont let them ship it off......
Take Care
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE CAR! Maybe someday when the kiddies are all grown up :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ellen and my sister that car is beautiful and i want it LOL
Okay I have my new Jeep I know but stilllllllllllll
Sounds like a wonderful Sunday.
Marina (Smiling back)

Anonymous said...

Hi David! I am glad to hear the good Lord let you sleep in yesterday too . . . he let me sleep in until NOON! :-D In the words of my grandpa, "Sleepin' your life away, aye?"

I am sure the nice mountain breeze felt wonderful going through your hair in that Convertible. I am jealous. Glad to hear you had a very nice weekend.

Take Care!

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

LOL, David, my son is drooling over that car.  He is the biggest Mustang fan in the world.  Good to hear that your MIL and FIL made it back from their trip.  Prayers will continue for her.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I just found your journal thru Deb's over at Frosty Thoughts!  I loved your pics and I will be back to visit some more!

be well,
Dawn

oh and here is link to mine

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I just found your journal thru Deb's over at Frosty Thoughts!  I loved your pics and I will be back to visit some more!

be well,
Dawn

oh and here is link to mine

Anonymous said...

Hi, Colorado Springs here.... I've never heard of Sunshine, CO before.  Sounds real pretty.  I'm actually in Widefield, just south of CO. Springs and North of Pueblo.  Come check out the photos I've taken of my part of town when you have the time. Dorn

Anonymous said...

what a neat car!
why do they need "that one" in hawaii though?  just wondering, lol
gosh i would give anything for an extra hours sleep one day : /
guess miss o doesnt know sundays for sleeping in a bit, lol
ttyl
emily

Anonymous said...

I would of loved that drive up into the mountains!!! Big sigh!!!!! I have friends that honeymooned in Hawaii and fell in love with the place, they packed up everything into a shipping container and that is where they are still living today, a lil over a year inside a shipping container on the property they bought.........they are young, in their early 20's, so I guess they don't mind living in a box, running on solar panels, bathing in rain water.......I'm to old to be living without the creature comforts of home and indoor plumbing!

Anonymous said...

sounds like Sunday was a great day. Nice car too to be traveling in. LOL. on the woman waving. That's cute.

Anonymous said...

Hi David:

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!  The car is just great!  I would love to visit where you live. it just sounds so wonderful.

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

I have taken that same ride.  We did peak-to-peak in the Fall.  There are no words for that kind of beauty and I LOVE Estes Park.  Pictures DO NOT do it justice.  I will continue to pray for your MIL.  Please keep both my FIL and MIL in your prayers, as neither are doing well.  It breaks my heart.

Blessings!~
Susan