Thursday, July 27, 2006

Joe's going to work

Milo, Mark (my BIL) and I all left this morning at 7AM to raise the flag. Mark is leaving for Iowa this morning.  It's been an extended vacation and I'm sure he is excited to get home.  After spending six months in Iraq, he has a rather long "honey-do" list.  Mark helped me put a new rope up the flagpole.  We also put a new loop in the rope.  My neighbor Wain, has a Garrison Flag that we are going to hoist on Sundays and holidays.  The Garrison flag is about 3 times larger than the one we raise on a daily basis.

We had some fun while Mark was here.  Last Sunday we went flying with Wain in his airplane.  We flew over Sunshine, over the continental divide to Winter Park, turned north over Rocky Mountian National Park and the followed Trail Ridge road over Estes Park and then back to Longmont CO.  It was a beautiful day to fly.

My friend Joe, is going back to work soon.  Joe works construction.  He has a unique construction job, he is building the International Space Station.  Here is the latest press release:

NASA's Space Shuttle Atlantis is set to embark on a four-mile journey to Launch Pad 39-B at NASA's Kennedy Space Center, Fla., on Monday, July 31. First motion is scheduled for 12:01 a.m. EDT. Atlantis' launch window begins Aug. 28 for an 11-day mission to the International Space Station.

The fully assembled space shuttle vehicle, consisting of the orbiter, external tank and twin solid rocket boosters, will be mounted on a mobile launcher platform and delivered to the pad via a crawler transporter. The process is expected to take approximately six hours.

 

I married an Angel.  Janice and her sister, Anita, have been sitting with their mother, Audie, 24 hours a day.  They are even sleeping on the floor in her room.  Audie is resting all the time now.  It won't be long.  Hospice has been wonderful.  Your continued prayers are greatly appreciated.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ! It is nice at the end of the day to come and read your journal. I am glad you and Mark had fun. I would love to have taken a ride in his airplane it sounded like you had a great time. I would love to see your neck of the woods I'm sure its beautiful there.

Your friend Joe has a very interesting job it sounds like. I doubt that I could build anything like the International Space Station I'm sure he enjoys his work. I wouldn't mind seeing NASA's Space Shuttle Atlantis launch.

Anyway....tell Janice and her sister Anita hello from me here in Georgia. I hope that their mother Audie gets to feeling better soon. I will keep you all in my prayers. Do keep us posted !!!!!!!!!!! Take care.

Anonymous said...

(((David and Janice))) Praying for peace and comfort for you all. Difficult question to ask, but I don't know too much about your faith and background and time may be running out. Is Audie a believer in Jesus? If so, I know He is waiting to take her home in his perfect timing.

betty

Anonymous said...

Praying for your MIL. I know you must envy your friend Joe's job!!! How exciting!
Take Care
Ellen
PS Journal Alerts arent working, in case you didnt know

Anonymous said...

Wow . . what a wonderful opportunity . .  I love to fly, especially in small planes over familiar teritory. I'm sure you had a blast! Communities like Sunshine, with neighborly neighbors, are priceless jewels.

My thoughts are with you all--please give your angel wife a hug from me.  :-)

Inger

Anonymous said...

Hey David... I'm glad you got to fly but you didn't fly for enough east!!!!! Next time you will have to come see me!!! Sorry that Audie is not doing well but glad that she is being taken care of!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

International space station huh?? Whatta commute! lol lol lol