Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Morning walk 7-11-06

 

Milo and I started down the driveway this morning around 7:20AM.  He is so funny.  Milo gets all excited and almost pushes me through the door when I open it.  He runs out the door and chases the imaginary bunny rabbits waiting in the parking area; then he bounces ahead of me as I start down the drive way.

We arrived at the flag pole just short of 7:30.  I normally raise the flag with just the 3 dogs, Milo, Plato and Maui.  I have been honored this weekend with a special guest.  My BIL, Mark, has returned from his tour of duty in Iraq.  Mark's name is on the top of my list of names that I have been reading since January.  On this special weekend we raised the flag together, took 3 steps back and saluted our country's colors.  We continued our walk all the way to Scooter's house.  We threw Scooter a doggie treat and then returned home.  Thanks to Deb for asking...He is home for good.  Now he can sit down at the VFW and "chew the fat" with the old guys.

It has been raining in Sunshine since Friday.  The forest smells so clean and fresh.  Sunday, we saw a bear by the side of the road. He was just sitting there, minding his own business.  When I returned with the camera, he had tired of empty pine cones and moved on toward greener pastures.  Sunday was a good day for a road trip to Estes Park.  We walked through the little shops downtown and dodged the rain drops.

We have some new neighbors.  A family (with a dog) has moved into Dr. Paul's house. 

The Sunshine reunion (SCSSYYSR) has been postponed for a later date.  On a related note, would you all please pray for my MIL?  Cancer is so cruel.  Your prayers are so powerful, thank you.

Until next time, Smiles,

David

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your MIL:) isn't the rain nice? Glad Mark made it back ok is he back for good or R&R?

Deb

Anonymous said...

will keep your mil in prayers.
glad to hear that your bil is home
take care
emily

Anonymous said...

beautiful picture; glad you got some rain your way and that your BIL is back from Iraq safe and sound. will keep your MIL in my prayers.

betty

Anonymous said...

Praying for your MIL. I agree, Cancer is cruel, my mom had it.
Glad your BIL is home, God Bless him.

Have a good night,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Praying for you MIL. How wonderful that you and Mark and the dogs saluted the flag together. That's really neat. Happy he's home too.

Anonymous said...

Of course, I'll pray for her... my father-in-law had cancer, and it was terribly cruel. I hope the doctors are able to make her comfortable. The pain seemed to be the worst part for my FIL. Is that an Iris in the field? So pretty. I'm glad your BIL made it home, and I'm grateful that you are so vigilant with your flag raising and reading of the names of the young men sent to the mid-east. Bea

http://journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Mark! Prayers for your Mil. sorry for her god bless Vicky

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful that Mark was there to raise the flag with you.  So, has Milo met his new doggie buddy yet?  I'm sure you'll have another one waiting for you and Milo and the treats.  I will continue to pray for your MIL.  Cancer is, indeed, cruel.  Chris

Anonymous said...

David and Family . . our thoughts are with you and mom--Inger and Bob

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

What wonderful news, that your BIL, Mark, made it home safely and he won't have to return.  I love the pictures you include...and enjoy your stories of Milo and raising the flag.  I'm sure having your BIL there was a special experience you will always remember. What does Milo do when he sees a bear?  I'd be scared to death!  Keeping your MIL in my prayers, my family knows about that dreaded disease!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Re: your dog quote above (which is quite nice)--I wanted to add my cat quote . . . .A house is not a home without a cat.   :-)

Anonymous said...

David, I'm so sorry for your MIL, she is definitely in my prayers for comfort!!  And blessings to your BIL, Mark, tell him I said THANK YOU for his service!!!

http://journals.aol.com/preciousone25/JoannsWeightLossJourney/
Joann