Sunday, November 6, 2005

Milo, The wonder dog

I guess it is time to introduce Milo.  He is my constant companion.  My brother-in-law and his dog were staying with us for a few months.  His dog lived outside all year long.  She became pregnant and had her six puppies outside in the winter.  One was still born and the rest lived.  We fell in love with the little brown and white male.  My youngest son, Michael promised he would take care of the puppy so we kept him. He is 18 months old. 

His mother left with my brother-in-law and I don't know if Milo ever missed her.  He has bonded with the family and is a very lovable part of the family.  I have been asked why I call him my wonder dog.  If you look at his ears, one stands up and the other flops down.  I wonder why.  One of my sunshine neighbors has told us that the ones who made him forgot to put the wire in his ear.

He has a very keen sense of smell.  I have seen him pick up the sent of a bear long before I could see it.  I have another dog, Malcom.  I'll share some thoughts on her in a later blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures David, I love Dogs, always had one in my younger years. My last one was Scottie. I still miss him... We are injoying your interesting journal.

                           Dad

Anonymous said...

Love both the pics what cuties:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Milo, is awfully cute and sweet looking.  Visiting you from "DAD's" journal.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

lol...Milo is adorable, and looks to be full of spunk.  I love his ears...just part of his charm. thanks for stopping by my journal.  Have great day!
Dwana

Anonymous said...

So glad to meet Milo. He looks like a a great buddy, and a very happy dog.
~~Katie