Thursday, November 17, 2005

Morning walk

Milo stayed home this morning.  He's not feeling well and I thought it best he stay home.  It is a cool morning, 24 degrees and the winds are calm.  I raised the flag to the top and then down to half staff.  Last Friday the Gov. declared that in honor of all of the fallen veterans, the flag would fly at half staff through Sunday,  Nov. 20.  Bob drove by in the school bus and wondered about Milo.

I met Dr. Paul in front of the school.  He had his two dogs, Twa and Silka.  He joined me.  I think all the dogs were out this morning.  Plato, Maui and Bear greeted us with tails a wagging.  Berta (black lab) wanted us to play with a ball and Nuka wanted a treat.

We talked about personal interactions.  So often it is easy to become "comfortable " in a relationship.  It is also human nature to slide into a situation where one will complain instead of give complements.  Why is it so many people spend all day complaining? Cause and effect is a law of nature.  If I wake up in the morning and say "It's going to be a bad day, it will be! I've already made up my mind.  Dr. Paul and I discussed how important it is to remember the love in a relationship.  We both find ourselves associating with individuals who have a positive, expectant attitude.  We associate with people who expect good things to happen.  And remember to smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope milo doesn't have the dog flu? Yes it was real chilly today and the snow was un-real:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I've always quite enjoyed your observances and little philosophies of life. Somehow, they always hit right at "center plate". Kind of reminds me of that ol' Friend of America and humorist/philosopher, Mark Twain. You are blessed to be able to have other "wise owls" around to commune with.
ELS 2.26.2007.