Saturday, November 26, 2005

Our Morning walk

It was a very quiet walk this morning.  It seems that most of our neighbors are either gone or sleeping in.  Milo and I had to walk off our Thanksgiving dinner this morning.  I was telling Milo (like he really understands) about my Thanksgiving dinners as a child.  I was born and raised in Cheyenne, Wyoming so cold and snow has almost always been associated with the holiday.  My grandparents moved to Cheyenne in the early 1920's.  They had two children, my aunt Pant and my father.  The family would always gather for a turkey feast. What I remember most is the adults at one table and the seven kids at another.  My uncle Bud would have a football game on the black and white TV set.  Only two of the grandchildren remain in Cheyenne today.  Everyone is creating their own memories for their children and grandchildren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great thanksgiving:)

Deb