Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Morning walk with the mayor

Milo and I ran into Chris in front of the school house this morning.  Chris has lived in sunshine almost forever.  Although Sunshine is not incorporated any more, Chris is known as the Mayor.  He was telling me about an event that happened just the other evening.  Some of the neighbor hood dogs were barking.  That is nothing unusual, as they bark at the bears an other wild animals.  The other night, the barks sounded different.  He couldn't put his finger on it, just different.

Since the dogs were keeping him awake, he decided to go out into the woods and investigate.  He grabbed his high power flashlight and his rifle and started walking.  He walked back into the woods, not following any known path. There he found the dogs.  They were at the base of a tree, barking.  He raised his flashlight to see what was in the tree above him.  Looking down on him was a mountain lion.

The next morning Chris went looking for his rifle and flashlight.  He said they weren't to hard to find.  He just looked for the place where the smell took him.  Right there at the base of a tree, where he messed his pants!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO oh my glad it was him and not me:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi; visiting your journal; Deb from Frosty Thoughts sent me your way. That would be a scary experience for Chris. I live in Montana; a friend of my son's said that his dad and sister were hunting the other weekend and noticed they had a mountain lion following them too (about twenty to thirty feet back). The lion didn't do anything, just followed for a bit and took off.

betty

Anonymous said...

Hi just to let you know i am pimping your journal:) I think its great:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi David!  I'm also a friend of Deb's.  I read your journal with interest from the start.  You have a nice contribution to add to the AOL Journal community, or J-land as us common people call it.  I'm not sure how happy I would be to walk toward a bear or mountain lion with or without smart dogs, but with all those get-to-gethers, Sunshine still seems to be warm and welcoming.  I am originally from MN so even the snow kept me glowing from inside.  Our warmest welcomes!

Ann

Anonymous said...

Yep!!! I'd be just like Chris I'm afraid!!!! hehe!!! Glad you took us back here David!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

This Chris would also do the same thing your Chris did if I saw a mountain lion in a tree.  Great entry.  Chris

Anonymous said...

lol....not just any little kitty was trapped in a tree.  geez...I would had the same reaction...lol
Dwana

Anonymous said...

It's really not a funny situation but the way you wrote it left me laughing. I wouldn't want that kind of kitty cat in my back yard. LOL
Dianna

Anonymous said...

ROTF for sure,       But I to would have left more than gun /light, maybe my shoes.......lol        DIANE

Anonymous said...

I thought I saw every type of wildlife while I was living in Colorado, but this is one thing I did not see, and it is quite okay with me that I didn't!  Poor Chris!  Glad he is okay. :-)  Was just reading about a guy who had a mountain lion get in his house just the other day!~

Blessings!~

Susan