Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Morning walk

Good Morning!  Milo and I started down the drive way this morning, facing the rising sun. It was a cool 28 degrees with only a slight breeze.  When we arrived at the school house to raise the flag I was looking at something I had never seen before.  A snow shower was moving over the foothills to the west.  The red sun was shining on the oncoming snow.  The sky was RED!  The whole sky.  It was absolutely beautiful.  An old friend once told me a sailors quote "Red sky at night, Sailors delight, Red sky in the morning, Sailors warning".  How true.  It snowed on Milo and I for the remainder of our 25 minute walk.  By the time we arrived home there was an inch of snow on the ground.

OK, lets talk about the band (playing Friday night at Frank and Madeline's).  They are called the Blowtorch Hillbillies. OK, we.....I'm the drummer.  We play old school rock (60's and 70's).  We are talking about changing our name.  I like the Sunshine Canyon Band---Wild Mountain Rock.  We have come up with about 20 different names.  The worst one was "Bunko Bachlors" because all of our wife's play bunko together.  What do you think?  Do you have any good names for an over 50 rock group?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunshine Canyon Band!  I like it best!  Oh, I'm Laura!  I lived in Colorado--Ft. Collins--until 3 years ago--now in Tennessee!  I have 3 daughters!  One in Texas-Dallas, one in Colorado-Elizabeth, and one in Wyoming-Cheyenne!  The band sounds like a lot of fun!      Laura

Anonymous said...

How about Sunshine Canyon Hillbillies? I like that name:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hey!  My Hubby is a drummer too!

Blessings!~
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/