Sunday, November 27, 2005

Not bothering a soul.

Cheyenne was built along the Union Pacific Railroad tracks.  As the state of Wyoming grew, Cheyenne became the capitol.  Capitol Ave., one of the main streets, has the Union Pacific station on the south end and the state capitol building on the north end.  Adjacent to the station (west) are the stock yards where livestock is kept before loading them onto a train.  North of the station and across the street is a hotel with a bar on the street level.

When I was in college I use to hang out in the bar.  One night I had a little too much to drink and decided to sleep a little.  I walked around the corner and down a block and laid down in the gutter just across from the stock yard.  A short time later, a pig who must have broken loose from the stock yard, wandered by and lay down in the gutter next to me. 

We (the pig and I) were just laying there, not bothering a soul.  Well, this high-tone lady who was staying in the hotel, took a wrong turn and wondered down the street past us.  I woke up just in time to hear her say "You can tell someone who boozes by the company he chooses" and you know, the pig got up and walked away!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO

Deb

Anonymous said...

this is so cute; I've been through Cheyenne; all I can remember is how windy it was....

betty

Anonymous said...

That's a cute story David!! I can just see you and the pig there sleeping side by side!!!! lol............ http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

OMG that cracked me up!!!
LOL loved taht story
~Marina

Anonymous said...

This is a funny story!! Journals are such fun to read sometime! I've never been to Wyoming, although we may drive through one day as we tour the country in the RV we may buy or rent when we retire... where do you recommend we go when we come to Wyoming? Bea

Anonymous said...

That's about the funniest story I've heard in a long time!  Bravo!  
Lori

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL.

Blessings!~

Susan

Anonymous said...

A very colorful story. You paint your pictures with words so well---that's why I'm so very glad you are saving some of those stories for posterity!  Keep 'em coming! You are wonderful!  ELS