Sunday, April 9, 2006

Mountain Volleyball

 

Look, there's Milo!  On the other side of the volleyball court, you can see several picnic tables.  We will be adding horse-shoe pits this summer.

Three years ago my oldest son, Nathan, took on his Eagle Scout project.  He wanted to build a community volleyball court.  The fire department said it could be build on the land between the two firehouses, just below the Sunshine Cemetery.  The project was finished in October of 2004.

We put the net up sometime in April and take it down just after Halloween.  If next weekend is snow-free, we will install the net.

Mountain Volleyball adds a new dimension to the game.  If the ball is knocked out of bounds and it rolls down the hill, we have time for a drink or two before we can put it back in play.  We play community volleyball.  Everyone can play, no matter what the age.

The is a sign on the door of the school house announcing the annual meeting of the Sunshine Cemetery Board of Directors.  It will be held at the school house on Thursday evening, April 20th at 7PM.

There is going to be a community pancake breakfast in a couple of weeks at the new firehouse.  I will post more when I have the details.

Keep smiling, David

PS, last year we had a guest stop by.

 

fyi, it's a red fox  :-)

 

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol I love the drinks in between. Sounds good to me.  Looks very nice.

Anonymous said...

Have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

ahhh foxes and bears...hahaha man lots of critters...i almost didnt see milo in all that grass he was hiding, lol!  volleyball looks fun...my brother and i were hitting a ball around our driveway the other day actually...just trying to keep it going, lol
hope all is well
take care
emily

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun !!! Even the little visitors !!!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Very nice volleyball court!  What beautiful country you live in.  I always visit the Mt. St. Helens webcam when I come here and I usually find an 'eye' in the pic like someone looking but today? nothing.  Must be snowing or raining.  ??  Have a great week!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I love volleyball...I may knock the ball out of bounds on purpose a few times...lol break time!  lol  Take care, p.s. it took me forever to see Milo....duh he's right there....lol  
Dwana

Anonymous said...

I love the "new dimension" to the game of volleyball LOL and what a superb place to be able to play ! Looking forward to hearing more about the pancake breakfast ! Love the foxy pic :-)
hugs ~x Debbie x~

Anonymous said...

What a cool project Nathan did.  I love the idea of having a drink when the ball goes down the hill.  LOL..I could barely see Milo.  Chris