Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wednesday morning walk

Milo and I headed down the muddy driveway about 7:15 this morning.  He was so happy, jumping up and down, chasing those imaginary bunny rabbits.  We saw Bob and the school bus before we reached the flag pole.  Malcom was with us so Bob threw out two treats.  This morning at the flag raising, I had four dogs helping me.  Milo, Malcom, Maui and Plato.  Jill stopped and asked if I had seen Berta (neighbors black lab).  She runs with Berta in the evenings.  Berta has not been around for several days.  I told her I would watch for her.  See, even the neighbors think I know all the dogs in the neighborhood. 

We had two days of snow (6") and below freezing weather.  This morning it was clear and the temperature was rising rapidly.  I sure am glad I wore my hat.  The snow was melting on the pine tree branches and dropping on us like rain.  30 degrees yesterday and 70 degrees today.  It must be spring time in the Rockies!

Dennis and Suzi (BIL & SIL) left for Hawaii (The big island) yesterday.  They have some land and are going to build a house over there.  I will miss them.

Things are starting to get busy in Sunshine.  Wine tasting and FAC (Friday afternoon club) will be starting up again.  When I logged on this morning I found this:

 

 

 

Can you smell the mintyet?? It’s time for juleps at the Gatza Home in Sunshine!

 

Saturday, May 6, 2006.

 

We’ll start around 2:00 p.m, but don’t be too late or you’ll miss the race!

 

 

Mint juleps and snacks will be provided, but feel free to bring something to share.

 

Ladies feel free to sport the most pretentious derby bonnet you can!

Please no dogs.

 

Smiles, David

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there... bonnet and all!!!! hehe!!! Glad you had your walk!!! And I know Milo is to!!! LOL.... http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

I cannot get over the weather there! it has been colder and rainey the past few days but i never realized it snowed this late over there?  will it let up when summer arrives?
ttyl
emily

Anonymous said...

I would love to see what bonnets the ladies come up with! How fun! :)
penny

Anonymous said...

yes it is nice today:) 66 here tomorrow more rain:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

A Florida girl, I would not be able to handle that cold weather, especially this late in the year. lol  But I'm glad that you make the most of it during your daily outings.  Sorry to hear your BIL & SIL had to leave but maybe you could visit? That sounds nice!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

I will bring my best bonnet ~ sounds like fun.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

snow, I don't want to hear that word for a while. How cute that there is so many dogs helping out now. I'll send my dog he needs some friends.

Anonymous said...

Derby bonnets and mint juleps sound heavenly.  LOL...no dogs.  Poor Milo.  Spring is certainly a crazy season in those Rockies, David.  Chris