Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday morning walk

Milo and I headed down the driveway at 6:55 this morning.  It is a beautiful morning, not a cloud in the sky and a warm 56 degrees.  We stopped at the school house and raised the US flag.  We continued past Steve and Julies, the burnt out firestation #1 and approached the bear corner.  That is the corner were I was face to face with a bear (Could have been Einstein) last fall.  It is also the corner that the new dog first approached me.  We are starting to make friends.  On my evening walk last night (yes I do the same thing every evening, except I lower the flag) I met the new dogs owner.  Her name is Sara.  She apologized for having such a nasty, loud dog.  Sara explained that it is a pound puppy and it has issues.  I got to pet the dog and gave it a treat.  I had stopped and put Milo's lease on him.  The two dogs were both wagging their tails.  We'll keep working on this issue.

The U-haul's been been busy in Sunshine.  This morning I saw three new cars leaving Sunshine.  Wain stopped to talk for a moment.  Wain is a general aviation pilot.  We were talking about how this morning would be a great morning to go flying.  I said we should fly up to Steamboat Springs for breakfast.  Unfortunately, I have to work.  Maybe this weekend.  Bob stopped the school bus and gave Milo a treat.  We both agreed that if the weather continues that way it is, it won't be long until the bears will be out.  I walked in the middle of the road as much as I could today.  The ticks are as bad as I have ever seen them.  There use to be a warning sign at the end of our road.  It warned that this is a heavily tick infested area.  Patty, I wonder who put that sign up?

The is a sign on the door of the school house announcing the annual meeting of the Sunshine Cemetery Board of Directors.  It will be held at the school house on Thursday evening, April 20th at 7PM.

There is also a sign stating that the Sunshine Fire Protection District will be holding their board meeting on Thursday, April 13th at 7:30 PM, at the new fire house, station #2.

Sunshine Firehouse Flapjack Fling!!

Sunday, April 23

PANCAKES, BACON, SAUSAGE

COFFEE, TEA JUICE

9-11 a.m.

Adults - $5 - Kids under 12 - $3

Breakfast followed by a

COMMUNITY MEETING - 11:30 a.m.

Keep smiling, David

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"like that," I have no clue where that came from, I must have been thinking about something else and started typing it . . . interesting . . . I wanted to say I finished up your painting "last night," geesh . . . I am only 20 and my mind is going.

Amanda :)

Anonymous said...

hello david, hope you have a good day
its nice here too
take care
emily

Anonymous said...

It`s good to hear that the dog is making friends with you. My dog hates everyone when she first sees them. I`m not sure why. My vet said in her case it`s probablya protective thing. Firehouse Flapjack Fling..... do you get in free if you can say that 3 times fast??
Hugs,
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

David, I'm very sure that pound puppy will come around very well with you and Milo working on it.  No doubt about it.  A little TLC goes a long way.  Chris

Anonymous said...

David,  Its so nice of you to get friendly with that dog. He might have had a rough life....poor thing.
Its been warming up here also.
Have a good day
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I'll be right there for breakfast.  If I ever saw a bear I don't think I would ever leave my house.  Ticks yuck.  Hope the other dog and Milo become good friends. Have a great day.


http://journals.aol.com/am4039/life/

Anonymous said...

Hello David just stopping by to say hello to you and Milo
Hope you have a Happy Easter Weekend
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

David, I hope you and Milo.. and your family, of course.. hee..have a wonderful, peaceful, loving Easter!

God Bless
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Better late getting here than never....huh David!!!! LOL.... ewwwwwwwwe ticks!!!! I knew that you'd make friends with that new dog before long!!!! hehe!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

Hey there David Lee,

Ticks, really?  I have never worried about ticks when in CO, I always thought it was too cold there at the cabin for ticks.  Aren't you at about the same altitude in Sunshine?