Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fire Houses

 

 

Sunshine Fire Station #2 at dusk.  Yes, that is snow on the ground.

Milo and I took our usual morning walk.  It was a beautiful spring morning.  We raised the colors and honored our soldiers, vets and families.  This morning Milo was joined by Plato and Maui.....all sitting at attention.  It's spring break so there was no school bus.  This morning Milo left my side and wandered up to the shell of the burnt out fire house. (For some reason, as serious as the fire was,  I still chuckle when I think about a fire department losing it's fire house).  I told him I should make a few entries in the ole' journal and follow the re-construction of Station no. 1.

 

Station #1 The mess is all cleaned up.  We'll just have to watch as it is rebuild.

I don't think I have posted any pictures of the new firehouse since the doors were installed.  It was finished just in the nick of time.  The original plans were to house one of the four trucks in station #1 and the other three in station #2.  All four are in station #2 and it's a little crowded.

 

Station #2 at dusk.

I know it's just a fire house, but the fire department is part of the community.  Almost everyone in Sunshine has either been a member, or supported the organization in some way.

Enough for now. Watch for upcoming posts.  Things to be covered are mountain volleyball and the summer solstice ya-ya sister, (whatever it's called) get together at Hog Hollow.

Smiles, David

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

when I read about the fire at the firehouse, I was going to make a comment that I thought it was funny, but I didn't know if you would mind. Yes it is funny.

Anonymous said...

enjoying spring break?

Deb

Anonymous said...

man who would think a fire house would burn down of all places.

hope it warms up soon for you guys there :)

I always love reading your journal and hearing about you raising the flag each day.  

take care
emily

Anonymous said...

Hello David ! Nice to see the Firhouse coming back together. We had some frost this morning, so no spring yet in NY

Ellen

Anonymous said...

nice looking fire house! Enjoy the day :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your journal.  
Fire station #2 looks nice.
Around here all fire stations are red.  

Anonymous said...

Well, it may just be a firehouse to some of us, but it is still a lovely fire house and a beautiful representation of what Sunshine Colorado is.

Poor Milo misses out on his treat during the breaks and summer . . . I will have to send him some back ups. lol.

Take Care!

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

The get together at Hog Hollow sounds like a real party!!
No snow on the ground here. :)
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

lol....I can see the humor in that situation.  Looks really awesome now.  Take care.
Dwana

Anonymous said...

The new firehouse is looking very smart indeed.....I will refrain from making any comment about fires and firehouses......hmmm
I think it is wonderful the way you remember faithfully every morning all the soldiers and families in the Iraq conflict.  Thanks.
Eve

Anonymous said...

That is really an impressive new firehouse, David.  Sad that you lost the old one but the new one is lovely.  I like the fact that the architecture is in line with the old one.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures David!!! The firehouse is a very important part of the community!!!! A life line you might say!! They usually do more than fight fires!!! Great entry!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)