Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Spring Golf

Milo and I headed down the driveway for our morning walk at 7:15 this morning.  It has been snowing since Saturday night.  That is three days of snow.  The storm has moved on.  The sky is showing blue through the breaking clouds.  We raised the flag and honored the soldiers.  Bob approached just as we were finished posting the colors.  He stopped just long enough to give Milo a treat.  We continued on to the fork.  This morning we saw Ruby.  She waved.  We took a moment to talk about the bears.  She is going to send me some photos of Einstein and his mom.  She just had to name the bears.  I will share them after I receive them.

My FIL and MIL are heading to Arizona for a couple of months.  They are leaving this weekend.  I'm going to fly to Phoenix next week to help them settle in and I'll return after a couple of days.  My FIL wants me to play a round of golf with him while I am down there.  I think it would be a good idea to practice before I leave.  I stopped this morning after walking at the Sunshine Meadows Golf Club to squeeze in 9 holes.  I don't want to look like a fool when I play.

 

This is the tee box for the 9th hole.  Don't ask me about the color of my GOLF balls!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I will not ask you about the color of your golf balls.  But, I do have a question:

How can you tell the difference between a snowman and a snowwoman?

You will have to email me to get the answer...

-c

Anonymous said...

We are having the snow dregs left over from your storm and everything is looking so pretty covered in white...just like Xmas but hopefully by morning it will have melted..it is officially Spring after all!!  Enjoy your stay in Phoenix.(.somehow James Stewart comes to mind..a war film?) and good luck with the golf.  Eve

Anonymous said...

Oh can't wait to see pics of the bears!  Love bears.  Good luck with the golf practicing!  GBU, Shelly
P.S.  I just checked out the Mt. St. Helens Webcam....I thought I saw a face in the snow...with eyes.  Spooked me a little. lol

Anonymous said...

How nice to see some sunshine...just wait until you get to Arizona.  You need Sharon to coach you...lol...she's the golfer.  Have a safe trip and enjoy the weather.  We had about an inch of snow here overnight.  But it's so cold...only in the teens.  I'm just so ready for some spring.  Give Milo a hug for old Griz and me...Chris

Anonymous said...

seriously, you played golf in the snow??? Wow, I'm amazed!

betty

Anonymous said...

yes snow and no snow day:( golf in the snow lol have a safe trip

Deb

Anonymous said...

Golf in the snow??  Exactly what color was the ball??

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Golf in the snow? Hmmmmmmmmmm sounds interesting.
It's getting to be springtime here in DE and it's about time. I can't wait!
Hug Milo for me.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine!
Best wishes from Coaldale.
Love what your doing here David,  makes me miss the community we all built together.  What you guys have there is truely unique.  
Love from dave, patty, drew, ty and quigley.

Anonymous said...

hahaha!  man how would you gold dig out the hole? lol
ttyl
emily

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun playing golf, I'm pretty good at minature golf.  Have a great time in Az.