Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The weather man

 

 

South Boulder, The Sawtooth range and the continental divide in the winter.  Deb (Frosty Thoughts) has to look at this everyday.

Milo and I took our usual morning walk today.  We stopped at the school house and raised the US flag.  When we were finished with the flag raising, we remembered our friends and relatives.  Thanks to all of our J-land friends for the names.  We continued past fire station #1.  There has been a crew cleaning up the mess left by the fire.  The building is now just three cinder block walls and a concrete floor.  We walked to the fork and stopped for a treat.  Milo gets a reward for being a good dog.  As we approached the corner we could hear the school bus.  Milo's tail started wagging.  Bob stopped the bus just long enough to give Milo a treat.

We have been in a good weather pattern for several years.  We use to get heavy spring snow storms followed by warm, almost hot, days of melting.  For the past few years, it has been small storms followed by pleasant days.  The good ol' weather man is forecasting  heavy moisture for the next 6 weeks.  Back to the days of heavy, wet snows for the foothills, rain on the plains.  He said there is a good chance for a heavy spring blizzard this year. No wonder people throw soda pop at him (You had to see the movie).  I just hope a pray the roof doesn't cave in!.

I mention this because the first storm is going to hit this weekend.  Just in time for the fund raising party on Sunday at Jack and Donna's.  When I talked to Donna today, she said, "That's OK, we're hearty mountain folks!"  I would have to agree with her. (I hope)  It could easily snow several feet.

Audie (MIL)finished her 10th Chemo therapy session today.  It's time for a vacation.  We'll send Harry and Audie off to Arizona for a couple of months.  Thank you for all of your prayers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep on praying.  I hope it doesn't rain for the fund raising party.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you guys are hearty folks, just like these Montana folks. A little weather doesn't keep them from anything. Gorgeous picture :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I hope the weather is ok for the fund raising party.
Forgive me if you have said this since I have started reading but I wasnt sure who Audie was...
take care
emily

Anonymous said...

I hope Audie has a good vacation.
Also hope the storm isnt to bad this weekend. We are expecting a little snow tomorrow here in NY.
Take Care my friend
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I hope your MIL has a lovely vacation and that she feels well. :)
Penny

Anonymous said...

Tough scenery for Deb...lol  Hope the weather holds for your fundraiser.  What a nice place for your MIL to spend some time relaxing.  I take it the chemo is finally finished.  Still sending prayers her way....Chris

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture David!!! Several feet of snow huh? That would be hard to play golf in!!! LOL... Now where did I put my orange golf balls???? LOL... http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

hey i have had puter problems grrrr... love the mountain pics :) yes i see this everyday but up close and personal lol Happy St Patricks Day to you and your family

Deb