Sunday, March 19, 2006

Please visit Emily

Today's a busy day in sunshine.  We received 6" of heavy, wet snow last night.  Looks like a foot or more coming in this evening.  There is a pleasent break between storms.  Jut in time for our community gathering at Jack and Donna's honoring the volunteers in our local fire dept.

I logged on this morning to read my mail.  I need to start moving the drum set to the car.  I really don't have a lot of time today, but one post caught my eye and I have to comment.  Please visit Emily's Journal. Emily's Purple Pages.  Her husband is serving in Iraq.  I am mentioning Tony's name at our daily flag ceremony.  There is a letter about a boy from Colorado who is receiving very little, if any mail.  I have been the boy who didn't receive any mail.

I have more to post but it will have to wait till tomorrow.  Be safe.

David

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your Community gathering is a success !

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Visited Emily David and it was good of you to point us in her direction.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

yep purple pages it already in my regular readings.  I hope you don't get to much more snow.

Anonymous said...

David, yes we are waiting for the snow ugh... maybe a snow day :) yes when our son was in iraq we sent so many boxes with lots of extras so it all got shared. Our son was 18 when he went had a b day in kuwait. it is very lonely to be so young and away from home. ok now you made me cry gonna go stay warm and safe

Deb

Anonymous said...

thank you david :)
btw I emailed the web site in search of the Soldier from Colorado's address I'm hoping they will get back with me.  But I did snag that Soldiers Story from their site I know many men and women feel that way and wanted to post it for j~land to read and understand a little better.  I'm hoping that they didnt change the state and name etc. because they used the story to help others understand what these men and womens every day lives consist of.
I will get back with you if I hear anything
take care
Emily

Anonymous said...

will do, David; hope the community gathering goes well.

we got 3-4 inches of heavy wet snow last night too!

betty

Anonymous said...

I did see that in Emily's journal.  Treats for Troops, such a nice thing.  I saw in Deb's journal that you have lots of snow heading your way.  Be safe in your travels.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Yeah I was there Emily is such a sweety
Thanks for posting this for her
~ Marina

Anonymous said...

I'll have to go and visit Emily's journal!! Thanks for sharing that David!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)