Friday, March 10, 2006

It's been a cold winter in Nederland

 

Springtime in the Rockies.....At least the birds are happy!

Milo and I took our morning walk in the snow this morning.  We have about 8" of fresh snow today.  We walked to the school house and raised the American Flag.  This morning we honored the following:

Mark, Chester, DJ, Emily's Father, Tony, Don Trickey and our brothers in arms: All of the British troops currently servng in Iraq and the families of those who have died.

We continued our walk with the puppies, Maui and Plato.  Bob approached in the school bus and had treats for all the dogs.  He reminded me of an annual event that happens in Nederland, Colorado.  Here is a press clipping:

  Officially, springtime is not far away but Colorado winter fun is still in full force.  If you've never been to "FROZEN DEAD GUY DAYS",  hit the road for Nederland this weekend (March 10-12).   This winter festival celebrates the town's cryogenically frozen resident, Bredo Marstoe, with activities including pancake breakfasts, snow sculpting, a coffin race and lots more.  Get info at www.nederlandchamber.org.  

 

It's been a cold winter in Nederland.  For all of our friends who have moved out of Sunshine and are familiar with the event,  you know Frozen Dead Guy Days means Spring is just around the corner.  Keep smiling.  David

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay David,
You've managed to convince me NOT to complain about Delawarean weather.
LOL
Dianna

Anonymous said...

brrr its cold and the snow was awful this morning now its cloudy and 28 have a good weekend at the dead guy days

Deb

Anonymous said...

the picture is great, but I'm happy to say in IL. we finally had a decent day. Around 60 with the sun.  

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I'm coveting your snow like I was coveting Deb's (Frosty Thoughts) a few days ago! It looks beautiful! Frozen Dead Guy Days sounds like fun; anything to celebrate the arrival of spring sounds good to me :)

it is really neat you are honoring those who serve and served in the raising of the flag.

betty

Anonymous said...

David , hello........... I have never been to Nederland I'm sad to say. The winter festival sounds fun but I will have to miss it I have to work but I wish I could be there to see it. I would love to go to the pancake breakfasts and see the snow sculpting and all of the other activities there. I really wish I could make it. I know it would be fun. We didn't get any bit of snow here in Georgia. It was over 70 degrees of sunshine here......I would love to see a little snow.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that picture. The dead guy festival  sounds really cool !!!   I want to go !
Have a great weekend David
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen snow in so long.  I love visiting journalers who share their snow pics.  And your journal is absolutely growing on me.  I have so many alerts, I didn't really need anymore, but I'm hooked.   Love it.  : ) GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

"Frozen Dead Guy Days"? Who came up with that and how weird is it? Please tell us more about the festival, I'm so full of curiosity I feel like a cat!
Shadie

Anonymous said...

oh wow you guys did get snow!!!!  I bet its pretty to look at but at the same time a bit depressing!  Spring is around the corner I know we all cannot wait.
Thank you again for mentioning the 2 most important men from my life ... It means a lot
ttyl
Emily

Anonymous said...

You really did get a lot of snow.  Typically, we get one last huge snowfall around St. Patty's Day...still waiting.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Frozen Dead Guy means spring is just around the corner? LOL...I`ll take your word for it!!
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Well if money were not a problem I would head that way for the festivities...sounds awesome..lol  tell Milo hi.  take care and hugs,
Dwana