Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Morning walk

 

In reference to yesterday's post, The Sunshine School house today.  Both out houses are still there.

Milo,  and I had a great walk this morning.  Our older dog, Malcom, joined us.  There is still snow and ice on the ground.  It warmed up to 40 degrees so some of the snow melted, and then froze last night.  Our driveway was a little slick in spots.  We ran into Don at the bottom of the driveway.  He walks 5 miles every day and waves to everyone that passes.  Dr. Paul and his dog, Silka met us as we were about to raise the American flag.  The school bus stopped.  Bob had a treat for Milo and Malcom.  By that time Steve and Julie's dogs were up on the road.  Five dogs, all looking for a treat!

Dr. Paul is excited.  He just signed a lease and is opening his own clinic.  I am going to join him this evening for cigars and champagne.  Dr. Paul specializes in Holistic medicine.

The dogs and I made our way to the fork, stopped for a treat and then made our way back.  Don greeted us as he made his return trip.  We had a nice chat about the bears.  Ruby lives in the house at the fork.  Before her husband, Bob, passed away, he would feed the bears.  He only did it during the drought years, but the bears learn fast when it comes to an easy meal.  We all know that almost every evening, during the summer and fall, the bears will cross the road at Ruby's house.  A lot of the neighbors walk along that road!  Don was telling me about a time last fall when Ruby called him over to her door.  There, in her back yard, was a bear, rolling around in the grass.  Just like her dogs, who BTW ,were right there in the grass next to it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the school!!! Such a change!! I wish I could have walks like that in the morning!!! Sounds like such fun!! Neighbors and dogs... what a great combo!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

i wish it would snow alot:) snow day:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Wow-you have wonderful scenery! I'm jealous, I'd love to walk my dog through the hills and mountains of Colorado, but what? No doggie pictures? too bad...maybe next time.~Diane~

Anonymous said...

I really love the picture. Thats where I want my house to be built , right in the middle of those trees. Gorgeous. What a story about the bears !  I suppose they are pretty dangerous? But cool to watch rolling around on your lawn.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

David,

Great story!  Love them, and the pictures you share! :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures. Thanks for sharing. Stop by my Journal to see my series of sunrise Photos.

Carolyn
http://journals.aol.com/shelt28/MyLife