Friday, January 27, 2006

Morning walk

Greetings,  Milo and I had a good walk.  It's been cold and dry.  Milo "bounced"down the driveway and chased imaginary bunny rabbits.  We raised the flag.  Bob passed Milo TWO treats from the school bus window as all the kids watched. 

As we walked to the fork, I told Milo a story about the first year Janice and I were married.  Jan's birthday was approaching and I wanted to do something special for her.  Money was more than a little tight.  I pondered for a while and then came up with an idea.  I went to the drug store and purchased a bunch of candles and some bubble bath.  I made a stop at the liquor store and purchased a bottle of Matrini & Ross, Asti, and two flute glasses.  Now,  I have never professed to be much of a cook, but I can fix a few things.  I fixed her dinner.  It was ready when she arrived home from work.  It was a very good evening.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

how romantic! Great idea for a birthday.....

betty

Anonymous said...

I love how you go on your daily walks. Delaine

Anonymous said...

That`s all it takes is a little thoughtfulness.
I bet Milo loved the part about dinner....lol
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had a nice morning walk. I love walking, its nice, getting out and all enjoying some fresh air under sunny skies.

Yup, its all good.

love
Meg

Anonymous said...

woohoo what a romantic:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Such a romantic you are, David, but those are the very best gifts...gifts from the heart...so much love attached to them.  Chris

Anonymous said...

you always leave out the best parts !!!!  Sounds very romantic

Ellen

Anonymous said...

I could learn from your writing style. I've been accused of lack of brevity when I write. Maybe when I retire? You are the romantic. and talking to your dog, that's sweet... reminds me of the book, Conversations with My Dog by Zig Ziglar. Bea

Anonymous said...

BTW, David, may I add your journal link to my Other Journals column? Bea

Anonymous said...

How cute and sweet David!  I talk to my dog too! lol  All the time!  I think it's because we can say whatever we want and that won't laugh, ridicule, talk back or look at us funny.  We can just talk about anything and everything and they will just patiently listen!

You were so sweet to make dinner for Janice!  :)   I'm sure she thought so too!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

How very endearing--the way you describe it.  A gem for future grandkids and great grandkids to read to know what their Great grandparents were really like. :-) E. Schawo

Anonymous said...

What a special way to celebrate Janice's birthday. To me something my boyfriend thought and planned, or made on his own is so much more personal.  Of course I would never turn away jewelry!!!!!!  Ha Ha!!

~~Katie