Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Our morning walk

 

Star Gazer Lillies just before the deer ate them.

Milo and I started out before sunrise.  The sky was glowing a bright red and there was only a whisper of a breeze.  He loves to romp and chase imaginary bunny rabbits.  The walk was relatively quiet.  We noticed the new house (still under construction) finally has a front door.  Word has it that the door was imported from South-east Asia.  It sure looks like it.  Bob passed by in the school bus.  The Kids waved.  Bob raised both hands meaning he did not have a treat for Milo.  Milo gets all excited when he hears the bus coming.  He sits next to me with his tail wagging.  He knows there will be a nice treat flying out of the drivers window.  I  slipped one out of my pocket....Milo was not disappointed.

My friend Inger sent me a link about moon shadows.  It is very interesting.  Moon shadows are totally black, void of light.

Sunday morning, January 1st, we were invited to Artie and Gene's for brunch.  This is a tradition for them.  It was quite the set up.  I didn't realize that Gene has written two books.  They look pretty good if you are into history.  No Disgrace To My Country - The life of Gene Tidball and Soldier - Artist of the Reconnaissance;  John C. Tidball and the 35th Parallel Railroad Survey both written by Eugene Tidball.

Hug your kids.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are lucky that Milo goes for a walk....Lexie my dog.... walks us and will chase anything and she is so big that she will drag you!!! So we don't walk her!! We have a HUGE fenced in back yard and she can run till her hearts content!! We love to play ball with her out there!!! Of course she likes for you to chase her and get the ball away from her!! Crazy spoiled dog!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to start the day - seeing the sun come up so brillantly! Enjoy.

betty

Anonymous said...

Red Sky At Morning, Sailors Warning.
Red Sky At Night, Sailors Delight.

Anonymous said...

Yes it was nice today did you get any snow? sure looked like it this afternoon:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

new to your journal-I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful lilies they are!  Such a lovely way to start the morning.  Always something new to see.  Chris

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of your walks !! Those flowers are gorgeous . I read a little about the moon, I didnt know its made out of the earth! Interesting.
I will hug the kids for sure!!
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I noticed that you have my journal as one of your favorites..

you have a nice journal here, your journal name caught my eye.

Love those flowers.

--Ill be back,

--Meg
from Friendship Loyalty & Love

Anonymous said...

Hi DAvid..

Glad you enjoyed your walk with Milo, and that he got his treat, even if it wasn't from the bus driver! lol

Very interesting article about the moon! :)

jackie

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh out loud at the legend below the lilies....."before the deer ate them".  Hilarious! E.Schawo