Monday, January 2, 2006

Morning walk.....

Dr. Paul has headed up to Vail for a long weekend of Skiing.  He has asked me to take care of his dog while he is gone.  I told him I would.  All it cost him is a cigar and a glass of brandy.  That is something we do anyway.  His dog, Silka, barks at night so I have to lock her inside around 10PM and let her out around 6AM.  Keep that in mind......

The party was a great success.  We didn't have the whole neighborhood here but it seemed like it.  I rang my brass bar bell at 9 and most people move up to Steve and Dee's house for dinner.  It was amazing, it took us about ten minutes to clean the house.  That is except for all the glasses. I washed them the next morning.  We had dinner and the at 11PM, moved up to Steve and Lisa's.  Midnight came and at about 12:15 everybody went home.  Only one person was to drunk to drive and his wife drove him home.  What a great neighborhood!  What a wonderful extended family.  What fun getting up at 6AM to let Silka out.

Audie went to bed just before the crowd started to arrive.  We had taken her to the emergency room the night before (yes I was thinking about Jackie , and her comments about working in the ER).  Audie was totally dehydrated.  They gave her fluids and checked her meds.  Instead of giving her something for the nausea, her DR. had given her a sleeping pill.  Little wonder she slept all the time and when she was awake she was, well you know, in the bathroom.  They changed her meds and today she looks wonderful.  Thank you for your prayers.

This morning Milo and I rose and started our walk before sunrise. (remember Silka has to be let out around 6)  the wind was calm (a rarity in the winter) and the temperature was just above freezing.  What a beautiful morning.  As the sun rose, Bruce, our fire marshal came speeding down the road toward the old firehouse. (We are housing two engines in the new firehouse and two in the old)  Within two minutes Bruce was heading out of the firehouse, lights flashing.  By the time he reached the fork in the road, he had gone "hot"...lights and siren.  I did not have my pager with me so I have no idea where he was going.  I would have loved to go with him, but since my heart "event" a couple of years ago, I just watch.  We'll talk more about my fire fighting in a later post.  Milo and I kept walking.  On our return toward the school house, we ran into all the dogs.  Milo, my other dog, Malcom,  Plato, Bear, Maui, and Nuka were all running around me.  Darn, I have to quit carrying dog biscuits with me.  But, as Chris, the mayor, says, it's a heck of a lot better than carrying a gun!

The sun was rising and we raised the American flag at the school house.  I still can't get Milo to help although he does sit at "attention".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad the party was a sucess:) glad mil is doing better. and glad you are back to posting weird answers and all

Deb

Anonymous said...

So neat all the dogs in your neighborhood enjoy being around you :)

betty

Anonymous said...

You are hereby going to be know in JLand as our very own "Dog Whisperer!"  yep.. unhuh.. that would be you! lol

Our ER was busy, but not with all the rigamarole I thought it was going to be full of!  Instead there were actually quite a few really sick people hanging out in there.  Only a couple New Year's Eve casualties, and both of them were due to stupidity.  Drinking and fighting.  

Glad your New Years turned out so nicely, David.  Sounds like you and all your neighbors had it all under contol!  Awesome!

:)
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very nice New Year's Eve....so cute that all the neighborhood dogs look for you.  Chris

Anonymous said...

Your New Years sounded great. I love the idea.
Have a great day.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you!
My dog likes to bark at night and was keeping everyone - including our neighbors - awake. So now I put an electronic collar on her at night to prevent this. I put it on around 10pm and tell her it`s "bedtime for puppies. " LOL  Then in the morning it comes off. Thank God for that thing....I don`t know what I would have done otherwise!!
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace