Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Coldest day of the year...so far

 

WOW.....It's cold in Sunshine.  Minus eight (-8) by my outdoor thermometer (low was -18.4).  When it snows, I make sure that I get up early.  I have plenty of tasks to get the family out the door and on their way to school and work.  I usually sweep or shovel the walk out to the cars, start the car(s) and then sweep the snow from the top of them.  Sometimes I have to scrape the frost off the windows.   Oh..... to have a garage again.

It's cold outside.  OK.....how cold is it?

The snow "crunches" when you walk on it (it actually squeaked today).

My ski jacket sounded like Christmas wrapping paper when it moved.

The dogs only stayed outside ten minutes

The sun rose over the eastern horizon with a red glow telling Milo, Malcom and I that, although cold, it is still a beautiful day.  I like to say that "everyday is a good day, some are just better than others".  As Dad Says, SMILE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

-13 this morning in Montana. I know what you mean about the snow crunching when you walk and our corgi just runs outside for a minute to take care of business and then he is back inside almost immediately. However, it is supposed to get to be 42 by Saturday. I can only hope :)

Beautiful picture :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I love the picture it is so beautiful when it snows and the trees look like that. This is why i love Colorado I just don't like the cold brr lol. We had -7 this morning now its 9 woohoo heat wave:)

Deb