Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sunday Morning

 

Yesterday was Don and Marty's Christmas tree cutting party.  They always have a big turn out and still have plenty of trees left over.

I love quiet Sunday mornings.  I'm usually the first one out of bed, fix myself a hot cup of English Breakfast tea and nestle in to watch "CBS Sunday Morning".  I've watched it almost without interruption since it's inception in the early 80's  It's not an hour and a half of bad news.  They cover many very interesting topics.  By the time the show is over, I hear others stirring around the house.  I put on some quiet jazz and move into the kitchen and start a pot of coffee. 

After breakfast, Milo and I head off for our morning walk.  I don't usually stop and put the flag up on the weekend.  Exceptions would be any national holidays that would fall on a Saturday or Sunday.  I usually have to grab Milo's lease on the weekends.  Because we are walking later in the day, there are several other walking.  One group (there are usually 4-6) has their dogs with them.  Milo is not a mean dog but he is still very young (21months) and loves to "play".  He is also very large.  I don't want to cause any hard feeling with the neighbors so the lease go on if there are others around. "Others"....sounds like "LOST' doesn't it.

A group of us are talking about holding our church services at the school house.

Just a quick not on Audie.  She finished her fourth chemo session on Thursday and is feeling much better today.  We are still waiting for all of her hair to fall out. We will have no idea what the cancer is doing until sometime in January.  Thanks for all of your prayers.

Congratulations to Deb.  I hope to have the process of receiving her "Turtle" card in the mail this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tree cutting party sounds fun:) looking forward to getting my turtle card you bet your sweet ass i am:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I think a school house sounds like a nice place to hold church services. Seems like a perfect Sunday morning you had in Colorado :)

fantastic to spend it with family and your pup :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good relaxing wind down time to me!!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

Hello from Tennessee, We enjoy your Journal. I am going to try your Favorite web sites. All of them look very interesting. My daughter will be interested in those sites too. Your Tenn. Friends, Dad, Mary, and Princess