Thursday, December 22, 2005

Holiday greetings to some friends

 

I imagine this will be winding down here in J-Land for a few days.  I wanted to wish all of my new friends a very Merry Christmas.  I wish I could give everyone an individual Christmas message but it's impossible to speak what is in my heart to all.  There are some I would like to say a special "Hello" to that I know read my journal.

Deb, Thank you for "bringing me out of the woodwork", as Jackie put it.  I pray for your healing.  Your Turtle card has been ordered.  Sometimes it takes them a while.  AYAT?

Jackie, for your kind words, thank you.  I hope you don't have to work in the ER on Christmas eve.

Dad, we have so much in common.  I've worked in a grocery store the early part of my life and I love horticulture.  With my Tennessee roots, who knows, we might be related.  Without you, I would have never started my journal.  A web search in early Sept. for "gardens" took me to your site.

To my Maryland friends. We have a lot of history between us.  Although time passes, friendships stay.  Remember "never criticize, condemn or complain"?  We learned it together.

To my special friend, somewhere in Louisiana.  You showed me how to laugh at my boss.  A lesson I will never forget.  You became one of my closest friends.  I miss our daily phone calls and our joke of the day.  Your garden is beautiful.

Dr. Shields in Oxford.  You are missed in Sunshine.  I write about what we are doing, hoping you will return for a visit.  Someday soon, God willing, I will make it to England to visit your University.  Every glass of wine I drink, I share with you.  There is a LOT of snow in Steamboat Springs waiting for us.

Sharon, I hope your cable Internet is up soon.  I look for your missive every day.

Betty, Stay warm in Billings.  Thanks for visiting my journal and leaving comments.

Kara, My oldest son was born in Tucson.  I think of Arizona every winter, in fact, all winter!  Enjoy this time of life.  The children grow up so fast.  I often wonder, "where are my little boys?"

Darla, thanks for leaving your comments.  As with all the journal authors, I enjoy your post.

Best Holiday wishes to all!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a Very Merry Christmas  & a Happy New Year David
Big Hugs from the Big Apple, Marina

Anonymous said...

David....   What beautiful, heartfelt sentiments, and I feel honored to have been singled out.  Thank you.

I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a most healthy and happy New Year!  

I hope we become better friends in the coming year!

God Bless..
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas David to you and your family thanks you i loved your journal from day one :) its a keeper. it looks like its going to be nice for Christmas:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

YBYSA :)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! And Merry Christmas!

betty

Anonymous said...

Thanks David!!! I love reading your journal!!! I'm glad that we are journal buddies!!! Merry Christmas!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas David, you are my favorite "Cookie".
Love Darcy

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday, David!  I've been playing super catch up on my journal reading.  Hope to see all again in the New Year.  Chris

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful suprise!!! Thank you David and Merry Christmas!!

Kara :)