Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Therapy Night

I usually write in my journal in the morning when Milo and I return from our walk. This post is in the evening. 

 

First, something positive.  Things are coming together for New Year Eve's Progressive dinner / party.  The cocktails, as I mentioned, begin at 6PM at our house.  We have the bar that will handle the whole neighborhood.  Our house is 5500 square feet, which is large enough to hold two separate parties.

For several years, we had the New Years Party at the school house.  The last one we had there was 1999-2000.  What a great location to bring in the new millennium.  There is one small, tiny issue to be dealt with at the school house.  The only bathrooms are the two out-houses up the hill, behind the building.  Did I say, small, tiny issue? 

I'm not worried about people drinking and driving.  Our Sunshine neighbors are not in the habit of doing something that stupid.  Besides, the next house is close enough to walk. (Unless you are afraid of the mountain lion.  Chris, the mayor, will handle it.  He told me he found his rifle. See the November 22 entry.)

My real concern - - - I'm worried about my Mother-in-Law (MIL).  If you have been reading my journal, you have picked up that she has cancer.  She has undergone 5 Chemo treatments and has dealt quite well with them.  That is until this last one.  It breaks my heart to see someone go through what she is going through.  We talked to her about having the neighbors over and she encouraged us to do so.  Tomorrow she goes in for a CT scan to see what the Chemo has done to the cancer.  I hope and pray (and I've been doing a lot of that) that she is showing improvement.  I can not tell you how much I pray for her.  I am the one who is home all day, every day, trying my best to make sure she is comfortable.   The house is big enough for her to go to her room and not know there is another soul in the house.  She wants us to entertain.  I want her to be comfortable.

OK, thanks for reading. (((Hug your love ones))), be thankful for each day and pray.

2 Timothy 2:15  It's one of my favorites.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Consider your request done, and done again, and done again!  You know my history, and I know exactly where you and the family are.  Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!  

Anonymous said...

Praying for you MIL and you and your wife

Deb

Anonymous said...

David, your MIL and you're family have my prayers.  So much sadness and sickness seems to be so prevalent with so many of my friends, both online and off.  I will pray that your MIL's Cancer will be touched and healed by the hand of God.  I do believe in miracles, as I see them happen everyday!

God Bless David... and have a wonderful time at your New Years Party!  5500 sq feet?  That's one big house!! lol

jackie

Anonymous said...

I'll keep your MIL in my prayers.  My BF's mother has been battling lymphoma for 4 years.  The last bout of chemo was so hard on her.  But what a trooper she has been.  Your bar is lovely.  Chris

Anonymous said...

David - what a delightful journal yours is! I will be praying for your MIL. I`m recovering from leukemia. Wish I could attend your party. :0)  
Milo is adorable. I have a fiesty Cocker Spaniel puppy named Mandy.
God bless.....
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

David...you and your family are in my prayers. May god Bless you in the new year. Have fun at your party !!

Ellen